Check engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
So, what's the deal with the check engine light when going to start engine do flashing on and off and then of course, turns over but no start? I believe at this point no fuel not spark but guess what, haven't really checked yet. Maybe that's where I should go next to see which or both is happening. Wow. Been talking to myself on a dozen posts and maybe I'll figure it out. Problem is the next time I turn key it may work and work fine. So I gotta be ready! I always figure out stuff just a bit different than most.

OP
OP
R

ROtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Intermittent stuff

Problems gonna be in the method. If I crank it like I just did and it's running seemingly fine and all at sudden dies, should I proceed with a fuel test while key still turnt forward? A spark test while key still turnt forward? About to check the procedures to see if that s even possible.

OP
OP
R

ROtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Another problem is if the computer is giving signal to asd to kill then both fuel and spark will not be present. If it "reference" lost from hall effect, then how do I know that? The truck has stalled on so many ways: cold while idles; when accelerating cold and after normal operating temp. At first when it all first started was when letting off the throttle and even then it did two different things: either died completely or actually came back on somehow and then continued to run. It's died, run a click them died again. It's died them started and run for 30 miles. I will not eventually be at a loss.

OP
OP
R

ROtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Codes

So, in doing a ignition key method to obtain trouble codes, it gives a 25. Never done that one before. Don't even have an IAC. Got an ISC. If it's a code for both, I don't know. When I first had performance issues the first thing I touched was the ISC. It was stuck so I took it apart and freed it up and ran better for a while. It be nice to... Well it was again idling very good and just died like I hita kill switch. Then I turnt key off on off on off on and instead of doing its normal thing of flashing codes and then ending with a 55, it abruptly flashes then goes off and flashes weird like Morse code, then quilts flashing altogether but was still making some kind of off on noises in some kind of pattern. A couple different auto people said that the sbec Motorola is a tough cookie but I'm thinking it's shot. But don't know for sure yet. Even Haynes says static electricity can hardly it. I'll keep messing with it and find the problem eventually. Until then I'll keep posting TO MYSELF I reckon.