consdering engine swap from 79 to 85

What would YOU do?

• swap all body panels (including bed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • just leave it alone. truck runs and drives.

• junk both.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcoolestdude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hi guys, my first post.

im going to start by saying im a fair hand with a wrench, but by no means an expert. i have a little experiece with carburators, but not a whole lot. i bought a running, driving base model79 d150 for a work truck. all it really needs are freeze plugs. well i was on craigslist looking fr a couple little parts, and found a guy parting an 85 d150 prospector.well it had a set of new goodyear wranglers on it, and i ended up buying the whole truck for 350. now my truck is kinda rough, rattle can paint, duct tape seat, etc. but the 85 is in pretty good shape, light rust, new brakes, great interior, new tires and rims, just missing a few little things like tailligjts, mirrors, and an engine. both trucks have (or had) carb'd 318's. both are automatic. will there be much problem swapping my engine into the 85 parts truck? there seems to be more wiring in the 85.

both trucks have titles. i have the block from the parts truck.

i have a cherry pucker, a 30 pack, and a couple buds. the truck is not my DD, and can be down for a few weekends. i think an engine swap is easier than replacing my body panels with the 85's. what do yall think?