Cutting out Cat and replacing with straight pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruin27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Wanted to get some opinions on doing this to my truck, the spin tech muffler sounds good but I'd rather just remove the cat completely and bolt back on once smog time comes around.

I've never done anything like this before but it seems straight forward, cut pipes, slide on new straight pipe then clamp ends together.. Suggestions and comments please

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Had to pass the visual inspection here, so I went with some JEGS hi-po/hi-flow cats (since I had true duals, I needed 2). Couple with Magnaflow glasspacks, my exhaust flow is quite good. And once it passed the visual inspection, it was IMMEDIATELY (low) mileage exempt. :crazy: Libtards: "saving" the earth, one exhaust system at a time... :supergay:

THAT said, if your area doesn't require :***: emission inspections, then GO for the straight pipe. If it DOES, hi-po cats ain't bad. MUCH better than factory cats, for CERTAIN.