Inherited project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tarheelsjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2/318
Hi everyone. New to the forum and new to Dodges in general. I inherited an 85 D150 from my dad and since he loved that truck I have undertaken to restore it.

Apparently he had started some repairs but became ill and it all set in a pile for the last year or so.

I installed new timing chain and gears, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. It's not starting. I did the thumb over the number 1 plug hole and had timing marks lined up and rotor pointing to number 1 so I believe it's timed correctly. May have a weak spark. I took a break from the heat and started reading but I'll go check voltages and wiring and add any pertinent info.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
welcome.

well when diagnosing why an engine won't start you got 3 things to look at. fuel spark and air. if you think you got a weak spark that may be the best place to start. you can try making sure the ignition module has a good ground which is important. i am also going to assume you have a 4 pin ignition system which is fairly common. if the truck don't have it you may want to swap to it or something similar since the computerized version sucked
bike.jpg
2.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye