Moisture in oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85 power ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA 360
OK, so after work today I drove to my fiends shut the truck off in the driveway walked inside came back out and started the truck and it had a slight tick to it sounded like a lifter so I shut it off jumped out and checked the oil to find little droplets of coolant or maybe moisture couldn't tell, anyways I drove it home to check it out and couldn't find moisture no matter how many times I checked, oil seemed a little low so not like coolants leaking over into it. Could there have been moisture in the dipstick tube, should I drain my oil and check it?

Dieselholic92

Reaction score
Ram Year
1984, 2001
Engine
360, 5.9 Cummins
Do you do very short drives with it? You will see that in daily drivers that don't travel far enough to get up to operating temp before they are shut off again. The short drives build up condensation in the engine. The coolant and oil temps need to get up to operating temperature in order to get rid of the condensation that builds up in the engine. I'm assuming that this might be what you are seeing.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Normal. Maybe replace pcv for peace of mind.