Mystery D150 motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeceptiveDrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Hello everyone, this is my first post so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. This truck has been in the family for about 5 years and has barely been driven. The body is an 85 and the motor well from what my step dad tells me is a 93 and is out of an RV. The only thing I can find that even resembles an RV from 93 are the B series conversion vans. The intake is an 86 intake which leads me to believe that the motor is an 86 but once again he says that the intake is off of something else. I can't get much else out of him other than that. The 2bbl holley carburetor has been drilled out for so the truck can stay running and the timing is turned up. It has a manual choke and it's a pain to keep it running when I first start it up. I would like to know what year 318 is actually in it so I can swap the intake and carburetor with a performer intake and a 4bbl. Hopefully these pictures will help with someone who has had more experience with the first gens. I can always get more pictures too.

Thank you,

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 184
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 104

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the best way to figure thing out is look at the casting numbers on the side of the block. i think they should be on the passenger side. if the engine was out of a 93 you would have needed a magnum intake. which would look a bit different.

shortbox81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
on the side of the block there are engine and date casting numbers the last 3-4 digits will be the engine size (318-3) and the year will be in a triangle with the year month and day (85-12-06)

rusties93LE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 magnum
Plus Magnum engines have 10 bolt valve covers...easy way to differentiate them from the LA platform.

pierson5085

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L crate motor
those valve covers are definitely not magnums... other than that they are pretty universal. The small blocks stayed the same for quite some time. The magnum intakes bolt straight down into the heads, and the older intakes bolt down at an angle. From what I can see from your pics, its not a magnum, so any non magnum intake will work.