Need help with a Slant 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcfaddjt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
I bought a 85 Ram on a whim. The previous owner was trying to do some kind of work on the engine and cut most of the wires leading to the various parts of the engine. I'm handy enough to splice and repair everything, I just need to know what goes where.

Any diagrams or pictures showing the wiring on a slant six would be extremely appreciated.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
before we can help you we need to know what ignition system does the truck have. does it have a computer on the air cleaner or behind the battery or does it have a 4 wire ignition module on the drivers side fender or firewall by the drivers side fender.

OP
OP
M

mcfaddjt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Ok, so I'm looking at it right now and I don't see anything resembling a computer on the air cleaner, so I'm pretty sure it has a 4 wire ignition module. I googled it, and although I'm not 100% confident, I'm pretty sure its a 4 wire.