OLD Magnum - 10w30, or 10w40?

Which oil for an old Magnum for occasional offroading?

• 10w30 (factory recommended)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10w40

• 10w40 MaxLike (semi-synthetic blend)

• Other (post explanation please)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
A question for the brain trust:

My old 1992 318 Magnum isn't burning oil -everything SEEMS to be holding together well in the 8 mos. since it finally became road-worthy, although, it really hasn't been pushed since at least early 2005.

I'd like to get it into a little mud before the end of summer -a little rock, a little dirt, a little trail riding - no BOGGING, mind you, but I ain't rock bouncin' it neither.

@ close to 136,000 miles and 23 years of age (factory heads still, too!), I'm looking at doing some Rislone oil flush before my next oil change. Should I keep going 10w30 (Valvoline - I'm big on running what the mfg. suggests, since I'm still fairly new to MOPAR), 10w40, or MaxLife 10w40 semi-synthetic blend?

I already run 5w20 semi-synthetic in my Jeep, and I like it. The RC is NOT a DD, and will be driven sparingly in winter (read, "sunny, SALT-free road days!"), if at all. Just wanna make sure I have strong ENOUGH oil on the OFF-road, when I venture forth!