will these headers work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray hall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
225 slant six
I just bought a set of ****** competition headers for $50 I wasn't worried about them fitting because of the del I got. He said they r for a dart with a 360. He said that he got them to fit on a ramcharger. I want to put them on my 85 w150 I have been looking at both sets and it looks like I will have starter clearance problems with these but I'm not sure. I don't have time right now to try it so I'm trying to get an answer before I go through the work. If they won't fit is there any way to make them work?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You might just have to replace the starter with the ministarter of later models. That is probably what the other guy had.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Mini starter as DD94 posted, a hammer to dimple the tube if needed. I have had Mopars where the header and starter had to go in together and come out together, they were a real pita to do.

90guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just did headers on a 77 W100. A mini starter is a must. I am able to change my starter out if I need without removing the headers. Just a big pain.