Your Opinion on a Dif Locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have an 84 2wd. I have it lifted a couple inches because I enjoy the ground clearance I get as well as the 4wd look. I've been considering getting a locker for my truck but have a couple questions.
Assuming my gearing and rear end are stock, is only one rear wheel powered? I can drift on snow very easily, but when I accelerate fast and turn on pavement in the summer, I definitely spin my tire(s) but cannot seem to get the back end to whip out no matter what, like I can on snow. Would a locker allow me to get my back end out on a hard turn and accelerate? Or is my engine just not powerful enough to do that with my current setup?

I'm just a little confused about whether both or one wheel is powered, and if drifting on a dry surface is even possible with a stock setup... Is it true that whichever wheel has less grip, will be the wheel to receive the power from the transmission(on a stock setup)? And, will a locker allow my to loosen up the rear of my truck when I want to slide around a corner?

PS, I also want a locker for better traction. Got stuck between 3 huge tree roots the other day, because it seems only my right rear tire was receiving power. A locker would help me out in those situations.

A short explanation on this would be very helpful for me. Thanks guys