1984 d150 running problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad ring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I'm really in need of some help .here's what I got I bought a 84 d150 a couple years ago timing had jumped so I pulled it apart put in a cam lifter set ( mild towing cam) and elderbrock intake and carb. Seem to run fine but when u push the gas taking off normal driving it would spit back and shut off so I changed spark plugs set timing made sure timing advance was working it all was fine so I put a new holly 4 bbl 600 carb on it now is a little better so I drove it for a year or so now I have a new built 318 in it all I reused was carb intake and dizzy and coil still has the same problem and I'm lost plzz someone help I did just order a msd coil and new distributer haven't put them in yet

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
what did you set the timing to? i don't know if i would necessarily trust any stickers you see under the hood. sometimes you just need to go by where it runs best timing wise. also do you know which type ignition system it has?

OP
OP
C

Chad ring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Set it at 12° and also where it sounds and feels the best same result it has the stock eltronic ignition 2 wire distributer

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
so did you rebuild the engine or get a new one? does it run/rev find when in park or neutral or does it spit out the carb?

OP
OP
C

Chad ring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I built another 318 and put in it it revs ok in park but u can still kinda hear the hesitation but in drive u can feal it not really spitting out carb now but almost at that point and I put in the new dizzy it's still the same

OP
OP
C

Chad ring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It also drives fine moves pretty good already moving kinda sluggish from a stop

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members