1989 W150 A/C Clutch replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apache2223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 cui
I'm new, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Neighbor has a 1989 W150 4x4 with a beefed up 318(Single plane aluminum intake, 650 Holley DP, Headers, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, etc.)so he's always tearing stuff up....lol. This time it's his A/C compressor. Clutch is gone for sure and he wants me to replace it, but I'm not having any luck finding any repair info. It has been retro-fitted for R134a and still has pressure at both hi & low sides. On the top of the compressor where the coolant lines bolt up, each are held with 2 bolts and he said there were seals that were leaking under them. So is there a kit or something you can buy that has seals and whatever else might be screwed up under there? And if I replace the seals, I'm assuming the 134 will be leaking out and the ozone police will be after me? Any way to avoid this? Also, has anyone replaced the clutch one one of these bad boys while still bolted onto the vehicle or does it need to come off? Thanks to all in advance!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963