GIVEAWAY: Stainless Works Catback System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
What system do you have and do you have headers?

"S" type Catback with factory connection. My wife says it sounds like the Corsa on the SRT Challenger when I get on it. It's very deep and pronounced. Not Brappy like others when pushed.

I also have a set of JBA Shorty headers that I haven't installed yet.

There's a video of them in the exhaust thread and here.

2010 Ram 5.7 Stainlessworks Cat-back - YouTube

I have a hard time not putting my foot into it. I'm going to try it with the JBA's first and if it sounds good, I'll probably step up to the Stainlessworks headers after. If it doesn't sound like I want, the stock manifolds will go back on. A cheaper mistake if it turns out that way with the JBA's.

The headers will disappear before the catback will. That's how much I like them.

Last edited:

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the info Heywood! I have a Magnaflow catback on my SRT8 Challenger that sounds good. After the truck my Challenger will get headers and then all my vehicles will have a header/exhaust installed.

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Woo hoo Woo hoo!!!!!!:party36::party36:

Do I just call to claim? I'm going to need to get headers too. Can I upgrade the cat back to the true dual if I get the headers?

I just sent you a PM. Yes, we can upgrade you to the full performance system less the cost of the cat back. Congrats!!

Disturbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Congrats to all the winner and thank you gotexhaust.com for the chance. Now winners need to post pics after install.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the info Heywood! I have a Magnaflow catback on my SRT8 Challenger that sounds good. After the truck my Challenger will get headers and then all my vehicles will have a header/exhaust installed.

You already have headers on the SRT Challenger. Factory shorties on the 6.1 that work quite well.

Part of the SRT package over the R/T's. Unless your looking for something different, or have done some major mods, you'd be hard pressed to do better $$ wise.

It's up to you, as it's your car, but if you want my honest opinion, I'd look towards a set of hi-flow cats first before I'd change out the SRT headers.

Check with Andy. I'm sure he could find you a good set.

Pictures of mine are in my profile page picture album.

Last edited:

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow! My husband just informed me that he bought the headers to go along with the prize!

Good boy....:gr_grin::mwah1:

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Nice.....

Now if I could talk my wife into paying for the Rims,tires, lift and re-gearing for the new Jeep...I'd be set.... What's your secret?

Wait... I don't want to know.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice.....

Now if I could talk my wife into paying for the Rims,tires, lift and re-gearing for the new Jeep...I'd be set.... What's your secret?

Wait... I don't want to know.
Ha,ha... Well, he was hell bent on trading for a 2014 3500 Mega cab dually CDT since this truck is paid for. I said no cause I hate payments and debt but boys always want bigger toys lol. I told him if I win the exhaust he can't trade and he has to buy headers for it. He laughed , said ok and went looking at trucks.

I won, look on his face was priceless.....

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Good job Sybil.

Your really going to like the set-up. Just wait......

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good job Sybil.

Your really going to like the set-up. Just wait......
He went with the chambered mufflers, think I should get the S-tube mufflers with the headers? They felt it would be really loud. I like loud!

Any thoughts?

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
He went with the chambered mufflers, think I should get the S-tube mufflers with the headers? They felt it would be really loud. I like loud!

Any thoughts?

Without the headers it's pretty loud.... but a nice type. It's hard to explain.

I talked to Andy about getting on the group buy for the headers. The "S"type are louder than the "Turbos" if you are running them on the stock connection. I had already ordered my "S" type and they were in transit.

He suggested I find out how I liked them first without the headers. I did and I love them. Totally. They are loud when you get on them... but a real deep muscle car like loud. You feel it. It doesn't distort or sound like a magnaflow when pushed. What's the word....... Frappy?? The Stainlessworks video I posted the link to is pretty close.

I bought the JBA shorties from Talon when He got his SW headers. he gave me a great deal. I know they won't sound exactly like the Stainlessworks Long tube, but I just want to hear these Chambered "S" on headers before I commit $1000+ on something I might not like.

Just look at the db rating as they do each set-up. If the "S" are louder when both are using the Factory connection... you've got to think the "S" type are going to be badass louder than the "Turbos" with headers.

What was it? Turbo's with header are 71 db's. "S Type" with factory connection is 65 db's? I like loud too,,,, but it has to have the right sound and tone.... not just noise.

I'm going to find out pretty soon just how loud it will be. I just have to finish my wife's new Wrangler. Stereo's done, 4" lift is done and at the alignment shop. 1 of 5 rim's came in, the other 4 tomorrow, then the 35's go on. Tinted soft top windows are on.... it just broke 300 km's...lol Already Mod'd out.

Even got the sticker ready. Just have to decide if I use it or not. It was going on the spare tire cover, but the rims are so nice, I'm not sure I want to cover the spare?

You'll love this. It's her Black Jeep, it's up 7" over stock, and this is what she has ready to go on ...

Attachments

• 31ym8wNgOUL.jpg
    31ym8wNgOUL.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow! My husband just informed me that he bought the headers to go along with the prize!

Good boy....:gr_grin::mwah1:

Yes ma'am, he sure did. He said something about how is wife wanted the headers, but how his girlfriend would really like them too. :) lol Just kidding he didn't say that.

Any thoughts?

The SW headers with S-tube mufflers will be very loud and raw. More of a race level sound than I would typically recommend for a daily driver. The Turbo Chambered will smooth out the tone and offer a throaty growl. Either way, she's gonna be fast 'n loud!

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Oh Ya.... Thanks for that favor on the sticker Andy...

I still can't figure out why I couldn't get it here.... but I got it... It's here... And she loves it... all that matters..lol

Heywood

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes ma'am, he sure did. He said something about how is wife wanted the headers, but how his girlfriend would really like them too. :) lol Just kidding he didn't say that.

LOL, Girlfriend for him will never happen, just look at my avatar. Plus he knows he would be living in a cardboard box....He does have women swoon over him tho:disgust:

OP
OP
G

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL, Girlfriend for him will never happen, just look at my avatar. Plus he knows he would be living in a cardboard box....He does have women swoon over him tho:disgust:

I would say you have nothing to worry about :jawdrop:

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm shrinking a bit, getting to big for even him lol, he is a bodybuilder to.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
A bunch of boxes just arrive, Wow that was fast!!!!

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Yes... And a full review. Love to hear what you think of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963