February SALE! 10% off all Edgeless!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane@TheRagCompany

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SALE TIME!

12662437_1024581770940097_6902399825896780740_n.jpg

Now until March 1st, use the code "EL10" during checkout and you'll save 10% off ANY Edgeless microfiber towel or cloth!

Check out all the choices you have right here: Edgeless Microfiber Towels | The Rag Company

OP
OP
Dane@TheRagCompany

Dane@TheRagCompany

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's the "quality difference" between the Korean and Chinese rags?

When it comes to microfiber companies, there has (Historically) been a substantial difference between towels made in China, towels made in China using South Korean fiber, and towels made in South Korea.

South Korea has long been considered the place where the world's best microfiber comes from, but it costs a lot more to produce towels there than China.

So, some manufacturers decided to purchase raw materials from South Korea, but use their Chinese factories to produce the towels, and that way they could get away with calling their towels "Korean" without having to pay the production costs of a Korean factory. A lot of microfiber manufacturers pull that move, so unless they tell you their Korean towels are sourced AND produced there, you may not be getting the whole picture.

Anyway, I digress.

We're known for our super high-quality South Korean microfiber towels, all of which are made IN South Korean factories. But, we had a longtime demand to offer more affordable towels as well, so we spent well over a year looking until we found a factory in China that met our high expectations.

After a long search, we found one that fit the bill. The factory we use for our more affordable Chinese towels is a factory that actually cares about quality. Rather than using locally-sourced machinery like nearly every other Chinese microfiber factory, ours uses the latest state-of-the-art machinery from Germany, (Just like our Korean factories) and can go toe-to-toe with the microfiber that comes out of most competitor's South Korean factories.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent, but whether you get our Korean or our Chinese microfiber, it's going to be good, and they're going to perform as-good or better than any other microfiber out there.

The reason the Chinese towels cost less is simply due to the fact that they cost less to produce.

The advantage of buying towels from us, though, is that our Chinese towels actually work well, when many others out there don't. :favorites13:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
When it comes to microfiber companies, there has (Historically) been a substantial difference between towels made in China, towels made in China using South Korean fiber, and towels made in South Korea.

South Korea has long been considered the place where the world's best microfiber comes from, but it costs a lot more to produce towels there than China.

So, some manufacturers decided to purchase raw materials from South Korea, but use their Chinese factories to produce the towels, and that way they could get away with calling their towels "Korean" without having to pay the production costs of a Korean factory. A lot of microfiber manufacturers pull that move, so unless they tell you their Korean towels are sourced AND produced there, you may not be getting the whole picture.

Anyway, I digress.

We're known for our super high-quality South Korean microfiber towels, all of which are made IN South Korean factories. But, we had a longtime demand to offer more affordable towels as well, so we spent well over a year looking until we found a factory in China that met our high expectations.

After a long search, we found one that fit the bill. The factory we use for our more affordable Chinese towels is a factory that actually cares about quality. Rather than using locally-sourced machinery like nearly every other Chinese microfiber factory, ours uses the latest state-of-the-art machinery from Germany, (Just like our Korean factories) and can go toe-to-toe with the microfiber that comes out of most competitor's South Korean factories.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent, but whether you get our Korean or our Chinese microfiber, it's going to be good, and they're going to perform as-good or better than any other microfiber out there.

The reason the Chinese towels cost less is simply due to the fact that they cost less to produce.

The advantage of buying towels from us, though, is that our Chinese towels actually work well, when many others out there don't. :favorites13:
Thank you for the detailed explanation, your company is the first time I've ever seen "edgeless" microfiber towels. I have bought close to 100 microfiber towels over the years and they seem to do good when new, but after a wash and dry they don't work as well. I was paying a premium price at O'Reilly for them, but I'll use them for a little while, but I always resort to "old school" with newspaper (as that's really the only thing they're good for these day's).

I originally (when I bought my first set of microfiber towels) got them to clean my truck windows. I soon found out that they worked great for getting in the cracks on interior trim and also with waxing.

Pretty much been sold on them ever since, but the ones I have aren't much better than the color they're dyed with.