Problems with CARiD (MGP) order, let's see how they resolve it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered some custom MGP caliper covers through CARiD. Ordered them with gloss red paint and FLAT black engraving and paid $319 shipped.

Receive a confirmation and drawing of the order. I responded and re-confirmed the gloss red and flat black, they confirmed and the order went to production.

First problem: When I received the order it was apparent that the caliper covers had been packaged while they were still wet, because the plastic stuck to the black paint and left damaged when I pulled it off.

Second problem: The engraving was done in GLOSS black, not flat black. :(

I will need to send these out to have the letters repainted, both to fix the smeared paint and also to get the flat black...

Their first reponse was to offer me $20 gift card, and a 10% (Edit: I originally posted 20% but I was mistaken) discount on my order. I don't think that is a fair compensation, so I asked for a $100 gift card. I am ok with the gift card because I will be purchasing my wheels and tires from them soon.

Below is a picture of the damage and gloss black lettering, and also a screen shot of the order details which emailed to CARiD, per CARiD order instructions. I blocked out my last name and email address, but the order number is visible.

Let's see what happens. :fish_h4h:

Attachments

• IMG_20150508_175944_924.jpg
    IMG_20150508_175944_924.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 83
  • MGP Order Details.JPG
    MGP Order Details.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

schwarz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7 4x2 3.92
That sucks man, I hope they make it right for you! I just ordered my bilstein 4600 front shocks from them and was kind of disappointed with the shipping speed - took a week to receive them, 2 days just to process the order. I ordered the rears off eBay and got them in 2 days.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So if a $20 gift card and $63 off the order isn't good enough, then send it all back and have them make it right.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We came to an agreement. A total of $90 compensation. $10 short of my $100, but still acceptable.
I have purchased from CARiD before and have had good experiences... I doubt that they made much more than the $90 on the order, if even that. Also, need to add that my email communications were with Julia Bara, and she was always very professional, helpful and courteous.

CARiD will definitely get my business when I am ready to order wheels and tires. :naughty:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if a $20 gift card and $63 off the order isn't good enough, then send it all back and have them make it right.

I made a mistake and I edited it in my first post. They had originally offered me 10% discount, not 20% like I originally posted.

I didn't want people to think your math sucks, lol. :favorites13: