$100.00 Rebate on Rancho xl9000 Adjustable Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been researching all kinds of ways to help the ride of my 2016 Ram 2500.

By accident today, I found a rebate coupon from Rancho up to $300, depending what you buy....lift kits get the $300, shocks get $100 or less depending on model.

Anyway, I researched Jet.com, Amazon.com, Advance Auto, Oreilly Auto, and several others....

The cheapest set of four xl9000 shocks was at Amazon.com....they beat Jet.com by 44 cents...

The part numbers for my 2500 are rs999048 & rs999197. These are the 9-way adjustable shocks.

Total out the door (no shipping charges or tax was charged) was $370.44 minus the rebate, so $270.44 total. Rancho offers a 90 day ride trial and a lifetime guarantee, so if they are crap I can send them back...how can I go wrong??

I was going to go with Bilsteins, but I drove a friend's truck with the 4600s on it....it did ride better (more stable), but it was a little stiffer than stock. Hopefully the Ranchos will be softer for unloaded daily driving.

Anyway, for anyone interested, this is probably the best deal around for now.......

Attachments

• trk6.jpg
    trk6.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 79

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good price. The 5100's are valved different than the 4600's.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
man, keep us updated after you receive them and have them installed, i am super interested to know how the ride is as i bought my truck for the 6.4 and not the payload or towing capacities.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Stay away from the 4600s, not worth the money. 5100s or better. Curious on the Ranchos since they're adjustable

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I ran the RS9000XLs on my 2nd gen and was very happy with them. I looked last year and couldn't find them for my 4th gen. Glad to see they're available as the Bilstein 5100s seem to be for lifted or leveled trucks only and the 4600s don't seem worth the cost. Normally Rancho does a big blowout in October called Shocktober but $270 all done is stellar. I think I paid around $350 all done for a full set plus a 5000 series steering stabilizer for my 2nd gen. Let us know how they do, I'm definitely interested in using these when it comes time to replace mine. What do you do for the 3rd shock in the rear though?

OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Third shock? Interesting question.

I didn't know there was a third shock.....guess I should look under my truck, but it's snowing out...haha

Anyway, a third shock apparently comes with a g56 package, whatever that is. I'll do some more research, unless someone can shed some expertise on the matter.

I'll post what I find out.....this will no doubt cost me more Money....ugh

OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
By the way.....I believe the $100 rebate is only good through the end of March.

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Third shock? Interesting question.

I didn't know there was a third shock.....guess I should look under my truck, but it's snowing out...haha

Anyway, a third shock apparently comes with a g56 package, whatever that is. I'll do some more research, unless someone can shed some expertise on the matter.

I'll post what I find out.....this will no doubt cost me more Money....ugh

Unless they changed something after 2015, the 6.4 trucks have a 3rd shock mounted roughly perpendicular to the differential and pointing front to back that, at least from my understanding, is supposed to help prevent axle wrap in the coil spring trucks. I guess with the previous leaf spring design the leaf springs did this job but with the coils there's now a 3rd shock. I have no idea if it wears at the same rate as the rest of the shocks or what any relevant part numbers would be but I've seen it under there.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless they changed something after 2015, the 6.4 trucks have a 3rd shock mounted roughly perpendicular to the differential and pointing front to back that, at least from my understanding, is supposed to help prevent axle wrap in the coil spring trucks. I guess with the previous leaf spring design the leaf springs did this job but with the coils there's now a 3rd shock. I have no idea if it wears at the same rate as the rest of the shocks or what any relevant part numbers would be but I've seen it under there.

Can't really say what the 3rd shock is for, but the 4 link control arms are what prevent axle wrap on coil spring trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Rams 4 link design and large ass rubber bushings do a horrible job of preventing axle wrap and hop. The third shock is a bandaid approach to solve this, which I doesn't solve.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
can anyone hazard a guess as to how long the stock shocks will last?

the rebate is making me think i should buy a set and put them on the shelf for future use.

cheers comrades!