{Cue ominous music}

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
They only sold over 100k Ecodiesel SUV's and 1500's since 2014? I would have thought it would have been more than that.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Is the EPA going after the Cummins too, or only the Eco-diesels?

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Is the EPA going after the Cummins too, or only the Eco-diesels?

I've read on the mainstream media sites there are more investigations coming. Interesting that RAM just issued an emissions recall (https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/S87.pdf) for SOME 2014 and 2015 RAM 2500s with the Cummins, no mention of the 3500 or C&Cs.

The ECOdiesel issue appears to be more of a reporting issue that an emissions issue and no federal charges are expected. Because of the information we get, it is hard to tell for sure. Looks like the engineers missed reporting eight of the software algorithms used to protect the engine while it is running. There is no mention if there was, or how often, or how much emissions the engine released.

Allpar published information about the issue and fortunately, they published the facts of the issue without all the mainstream drama.
News | What were the diesel cheats? (Updated)

Since it is so easy to do, I hope one of Trump's first day actions cleans out the idiots in the EPA and restaffs it with engineers and scientist (again).

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just 1 more week and hopefully this EPA crap goes away along with a ton of other crap.

^ THIS

We really need to stop strangling ourselves just for the fun of it.

The EPA is the only reason I drive a 6.4L instead of a Cummins.