'14 2500 rant. Am I too picky?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nukeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I hear ya. They suck. Not sure im pressing the button too hard on the front end/tire issue because it's hard to tell it's a problem with the ****** OE tires. I am looking at swapping for a set of Nitto 295/60/20's in the future, but dont want to waste the $$ if my truck has an alignment issue.

Last edited:

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I hate these Firestone transforce tires. They suck bad. I have just over 10,000 miles on mine and the front is worn down to about ¼ tread left and the rear is down to the tread wear indicators. These are the worst tires I have ever had. Hell, I got better milage out of a set of mudders.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How do they do in the rain? I had an '04 Chevy 2500 that had Firestones and they were like driving on ice on wet roads. Scary bad.

OP
OP
N

nukeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Nailed it. That's exactly my experience with them. Slick as hell in the rain. Did a trip from New Mexico to Montana and back in March. Had to use 4HI too many times even in light snow.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wow... sorry to hear of all the issues. It's amazing the variation in trucks that roll off the line.

I'm at 4100 miles on my 6.4 Hemi and have literally had no problems at all..... and I'm a picky ******* about squeaks, rattles and other problems.

There seems to be good advice on this thread. From what you describe I'd be pretty close to getting a lawyer...... and that's usually my last resort.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I still haven't fixed the 3rd brake light issue?

With all your problems, I would be pissed. That's crazy

OP
OP
N

nukeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
In theory, yes. It soaked my rear seat and carpet at 150 miles on the ODO. I attempted to change the cargo lights with Silverstars and discovered the lens was glued on. It wouldn't budge. The dealer fix was to replace them for me....and re glue the lens. :uhoh2:

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi nukeman,

That is a lot of outside wear, but that is a heavy duty and is probably setup to haul a lot of weight. That would require a bit of + camber so when the truck is loaded it would squat a little and flatten out giving good contact patch when under load. How much camber, I've not a clue. As for the other issues it almost sounds like you ought to keep the truck and trade in the dealer. TPMS tester is broken????? Really so that's the only way they have to test an NHTSA required safety system? Hmmm wonder what the NHTSA would have to say about that?
In any case that is too many issues with such an expensive purchase, +1 on let them nicely know you are going to lawyer up if these issues are not resolved in a timely manner.
Goo luck,

preachp

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
In theory, yes. It soaked my rear seat and carpet at 150 miles on the ODO. I attempted to change the cargo lights with Silverstars and discovered the lens was glued on. It wouldn't budge. The dealer fix was to replace them for me....and re glue the lens. :uhoh2:

Yeah, my 09 had that problem too. I just took it off and put a bead of silcone around the light and it was fine.

I noticed it all leaks in through the top because when I took off the light the top of the stock gasket was smashed flat.

OP
OP
N

nukeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Update

So, after :beatdeadhorse5: with the service folks, I met with the GM. I voiced my concerns that at 7k miles, I have had a laundry list of problems, many of them not fixed. 5 service trips for the TPMS alone and still not fixed....

I explained that I had spoken with an attorney concerning the matter and I had 2 avenues. Get me into another truck at no loss to me, or I retain and pursue.

He seemed eager to help. He explained that a Chrysler rep would arrive Tuesday to discuss the buyback process. Basically, Chrysler writes a check for any negative equity, plus past payments, mods, etc. and I am put in the truck of my choosing. They loaned me a new 1500 until it is resolved.

Sounds great...we'll see if it actually comes to fruition. I never trust car dealers.

terb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
steam
So, after :beatdeadhorse5: with the service folks, I met with the GM. I voiced my concerns that at 7k miles, I have had a laundry list of problems, many of them not fixed. 5 service trips for the TPMS alone and still not fixed....

I explained that I had spoken with an attorney concerning the matter and I had 2 avenues. Get me into another truck at no loss to me, or I retain and pursue.

He seemed eager to help. He explained that a Chrysler rep would arrive Tuesday to discuss the buyback process. Basically, Chrysler writes a check for any negative equity, plus past payments, mods, etc. and I am put in the truck of my choosing. They loaned me a new 1500 until it is resolved.

Sounds great...we'll see if it actually comes to fruition. I never trust car dealers.

We all wish you the Best Of Luck!!..............:big_banana_Dance:

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Best of luck and I look forward to reading about your success in the coming weeks!

OP
OP
N

nukeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
An update. I met with the Chrysler rep today and after mentioning my attorney and going over the service records I got this: "we are prepared to offer you a reimbursement of your payments, $3500 in trade assistance, and a free 2 year bumper to bumper chrysler extended warranty". The dealer has agreed to to match their trade assistance as well.

Long story short. I ordered a 1500 ecodiesel today.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Good for you! I hope your EcoDiesel is 100% trouble-free, and you can put this behind you. I have been in your shoes too many times.

e-light

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Awesome man, glad to hear it! Lucky you on the ecodiesel! Thats the only 1/2 ton truck Id buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk