2" Thuren Hemi coils, Overland front shocks, and Adjustable track bar installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is it the look of the truck sagging that your concerned about when towing? If so, how about doing 2" front coils with the 1" rear coils. Not sure but may not be as nose high when towing or having weight in the bed. I'm going with this set-up because I want to retain some rake. Thuren is also working on the 2.0 King kit that will be available shortly.
You know I hadn't thought of why I'm concerned about sagging. I guess for looks. 2" upfront with 1" rear maybe a good call. I love the looks of these trucks when leveled but also want the ride improvements. I find most small holes and bumps too jarring. 1" of rake maybe the way to go. Are the Kings that are coming a big improvement over the Overland's?

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know I hadn't thought of why I'm concerned about sagging. I guess for looks. 2" upfront with 1" rear maybe a good call. I love the looks of these trucks when leveled but also want the ride improvements. I find most small holes and bumps too jarring. 1" of rake maybe the way to go. Are the Kings that are coming a big improvement over the Overland's?

Yes, the king 2.0 should be a great set-up. I'm waiting on them to come out. Don says should be real soon!

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how was the ride difference between stock and the RC spacer? I really want the Thuren Overland system but I don't want to lose the strength of the stock HD springs bc it will be a work truck loaded with tools. Also I'm having a hard time thinking about replacing brand new shock and springs since I only have 600 miles on it.

OP
OP
Juvenator93

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how was the ride difference between stock and the RC spacer? I really want the Thuren Overland system but I don't want to lose the strength of the stock HD springs bc it will be a work truck loaded with tools. Also I'm having a hard time thinking about replacing brand new shock and springs since I only have 600 miles on it.

Stock to the 2 1/2" RCX spacer and shock extensions was almost identical to me. But only drove 12 miles with the spacer before I put my 35s on. Then he ride was better than stock due to larger tire, smaller rim. I kept my rear coils for that same reason, and to save some money. e7fcce1f5f62b55d4a82937302080c1c.jpgd66a8770b369c5bd87bab99594622b2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stock to the 2 1/2" RCX spacer and shock extensions was almost identical to me. But only drove 12 miles with the spacer before I put my 35s on. Then he ride was better than stock due to larger tire, smaller rim. I kept my rear coils for that same reason, and to save some money. e7fcce1f5f62b55d4a82937302080c1c.jpgd66a8770b369c5bd87bab99594622b2c.jpg

thanks brother. ill probably roll with the spacers. I don't mind the current stiff stock ride I actually prefer it. ill probably get the RC kit also

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
After a lot of back and fourth between the 2.00" and the 2.75", I just ordered the Thuren 2.00" with the Fox 2.0 shocks and track bar. I still want a little rake in the back since I do still tow and do not want to be nose high when doing it. I am thinking about just putting 5100's in the back with the stock springs.

Does anyone have this setup with a CTD? If so, how much is the rake and how bad is the squat in the back when towing? I am wondering if I will need to put some Timbrens in the rear for when I tow.

Gear Jammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Stock to the 2 1/2" RCX spacer and shock extensions was almost identical to me.

I have the RCX spacers on my truck and I didn't notice a difference in ride qaulity after the install. The only difference I have noticed is that if I hit a speed bump too fast the front shocks will max out on extension. I still have stock tires and wheels.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
After a lot of back and fourth between the 2.00" and the 2.75", I just ordered the Thuren 2.00" with the Fox 2.0 shocks and track bar. I still want a little rake in the back since I do still tow and do not want to be nose high when doing it. I am thinking about just putting 5100's in the back with the stock springs.

Does anyone have this setup with a CTD? If so, how much is the rake and how bad is the squat in the back when towing? I am wondering if I will need to put some Timbrens in the rear for when I tow.

I've got a 2" spacer with 5100s on all four corners. I have about an 1" rake still but haven't towed to give you an idea of how bad squat is. The 5100s helped with the ride quite a bit but having stock springs still is major factor in ride quality.

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put the 2" front coils with Bilstiens on my 2016 6.4 and it now sits level. Still need to put my rear coils and track bar in this week.

granito1

Reaction score
Ram Year
ram 2500 2015
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front and rear kit is amazing. I actually was amazing on how much the truck is with a 1" coil in the rear. It comes across as a 3" lift all around. It just makes the truck appear so much taller. Even driving down the road and it's coming at you, you can tell it's been lifted rather than leveled.

As far as the ride, it's so much smoother. No bucking over bumps. The faster you go, the smoother the ride. Highway driving is where you feel it. It's like a car.

As far as towing/hauling, he hasn't done that as of yet. But a air bag set up might be the solution if you are worried about sagging. I can feel your pain, I hate seeing a truck sag.

Here are some pictures. Wish we could upload pics like before the size reduction. Photobuck is crap. Hate photobuck! haha

IMG_0993_zpsdjm95dnb.jpg

IMG_0990_zpsd5rnapms.jpg

IMG_0988_zpsgylglj95.jpg

IMG_0987_zpsbtdf6vnz.jpg

IMG_0978_zpsiz1sjhyq.jpg

IMG_0975_zpsnwqvb1tc.jpg

IMG_0971_zps3a6zf6pv.jpg

IMG_0971_zps3a6zf6pv.jpg

IMG_0961_zpszin6vjze.jpg

IMG_0957_zps4ak7jiri.jpg
Hi i am also changing my springs.
Can you measure front and rear springs thicknes problably front 17mm and rears 18mm.
Are rears linears
Thanks for the information

Enviado desde mi SM-N920G mediante Tapatalk

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey juvenator how big of a difference is there between the RC level spacer and the thuren leveling springs/shocks? I have the RC level kit but my wife complains about the HD stiff ride so I'm thinking about upgrading to the thuren kit in the future.

OP
OP
Juvenator93

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey juvenator how big of a difference is there between the RC level spacer and the thuren leveling springs/shocks? I have the RC level kit but my wife complains about the HD stiff ride so I'm thinking about upgrading to the thuren kit in the future.

Night and day difference. The Thuren suspension is much, much smoother over big bumps and absorbs road bumps much better than when I had just the RC spacer.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Night and day difference. The Thuren suspension is much, much smoother over big bumps and absorbs road bumps much better than when I had just the RC spacer.

Thanks bro. Looks like that'll be another future purchase.