2010 . 6.7 Heating problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Decker85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Recently my trucks heat isn't as hot as it was it blows nice and strong but isn't hot I thought it was my thermostat stuck open put I replaced and still not hot any suggestions please .

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is the heater core all gummed up inside? That's happened to me before. If the pressure is good (no leaks) and the tstat and coolant test good, might just be gnarly in the core- like sediment and slime.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
What's your local temperature?
My truck struggles to get above 160* the past few days
Has you coolant been flushed and filled to the proper level?
Have you felt under your dash for any wetness from a possibly leaking heater core

OP
OP
D

Decker85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I'm going to check the heater core tomorrow fluids good no leaks the core is located under dash in passenger side? Is it a pain to check ?thanks for the input

NHguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram Big Horn 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your coolant level.
If its low that will cause that.
Then you have to figure out why its low.

Nevermind...read your last post. Good luck

bhunter0830

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014 1500 with 1400 miles. Heat would blow warm then get really cold. Felt like I was in menopause. Took it back to the dealer. Not sure if yours has the same system, but worth a shot. There's a sensor on the dash close to the windshield that tells the interior and exterior temp that was bad. Replaced and works like a champ.