2012 Hemi 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Gang, I have been here for about a week and had my new 2500 for about 2 weeks. I have been going over of the threads on the forum and enjoy what I have found, thanks to for all the input, it helps this old Chevy guy. I could use some help understanding my 2500 a little more, if I would have read this before I got the truck it would been a hard decision which one to get. I went with the HEMI over the diesel for the price, and took the 2500 for its utility I like to have. I will like to upgrade as time goes on and "Moe's" will be my go to, as for now my big question is the HEMI different from the 1500 and 2500? Then common nice to know about the 2500 that is out there. I am aware of the lighting issue and will change them here shortly. Thanks and look forward to sharing idelas and pictures.:banana-mario:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
First off, Merry Christmas and congrats on the new truck. The hemi motor is very strong, and is more than capable of moving that big truck. What are your future plans for the truck? Do you need it to tow or work with? A huge benefit of going with the 2500 is that you have the full size cab and bed. That was a huge deciding factor for me when I bought my 2010 2500 as well.

The hemi motor in your truck is the exac tsame as what comes in the 1500, but you have a little different transmission. Most of the modifications that fit the 1500 hemi will work on your truck as well, but there are a few upgrades like cold air intakes that are 2500 specific.

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Merry Christmas and welcome to RF and the Ram family!

There is one big difference between the hemi's and it's that the 2500 version does not have MDS. It's firing on all 8 cylinders 100% of the time. The only other small difference is it makes 7 less horse and torque than the 1500 version.

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Welcome to the dark side!! I love my 2500 hemi. Its got plenty of what I need. And I have been adding a few things to help mine along.

Matt from moes can hook you up. I've got the LMI mid tube intake that is awesome. I also need to get my 87mm throttle body from him as well as one of the new diablo trinity tuners. Just wanting to get some feed back from a few people that have them.

All in all these 2500 hemis are pretty awesome trucks.

OP
OP
Joe's 2500

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Great news I am excited about the truck. Matt I drive majority time on highway going across PA. I will pull my cars and setting up for horse and trailer a little later. I got the snow package and would like to do that sometime. I like power and and a good stance, gas is a concern - only that I am better than the chevy- 15 MPG. It was the 6.2 with trailer package 10 K pulling power. Anything better than that I am happy. I am getting use to the way it rides not a soft one like a 1500.
My first plans are cosmetic- tonneau cover from trudex, rear side step. Then wind visors and bug deflector. From there open the air intake, throttle body and work on stance. Will go with different tires when that comes up. That is a quick list, I will split these funds between this and the 73 Challenger am restoring with 440. I am looking for that money tree my kids think I have. Lol
Thanks for the welcome guys and Merry Christmas to all