2013+ Ram AEV Releases ProCal Module For 2013+ Ram Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wonder how they programmed fog lamps with high beams . . . .

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
For those who want to re-calibrate the speedo, TPMS, and more!

AEV Releases ProCal Module For 2013+ Ram Trucks
Cool tool, but still requires a trip to the stealership for TPMS settings. Since that's the main reason I'd buy one, its worthless to me. The product page on AEV's website says this at the bottom:

"*Please note: A visit to your local Ram Dealership and use of the WiTech diagnostic tool is required to complete this procedure. Although your TPMS screen will show the new values, it will not “take” and stop blinking until your dealership completes the process.*"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
It just a data bit that gets set in the BCM. We can enable fogs with high beams using the AutoEngenuity tool also.

The bonus with the AEV programmer is setting the Tpms and tire size correctly

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I ordered one I'm going to give it a try to cal my speedo for 37's

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I had a procal for my '08 Jeep JK. Worked as advertised. The only down side is the dealer still has to be able to flash the computer to get the light to turn off. Not sure if they can or cannot do it at this time. For $170.00, not a bad deal to correct for tire size and gear ratio.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Bringing this back to the top...

Any vendors on here selling the Procal or doing a group buy?

Now that I'm jumping to 37s, I think it's time I finally did something to recalibrate the speedo. That and I hope to get gears in the spring.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD

I still don't understand why it is illegal to run driving/fog lights with your high beams? That one never made sense to me.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I still don't understand why it is illegal to run driving/fog lights with your high beams? That one never made sense to me.

It doesn't make sense, but in most places it's actually on the books that you can't have more than 4 lights on the truck at a time.

I got into an argument with a state inspector in VA and read me the VA law for state inspection, and there it was not more than four lights are allowed to be on at one time. Fogs would make it 6 lights.

Probably that way in a lot of other places too, which is why they go off with highs.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It doesn't make sense, but in most places it's actually on the books that you can't have more than 4 lights on the truck at a time.

I got into an argument with a state inspector in VA and read me the VA law for state inspection, and there it was not more than four lights are allowed to be on at one time. Fogs would make it 6 lights.

Probably that way in a lot of other places too, which is why they go off with highs.

Yup it's actually a unknown common law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hoping someone here can help me out that has hands on use with the ProCal module.

Got it today, measured tires like instructions say. Reprogrammed and I was doing 8mph under the speed limit, with truck set to cruise control, per GPS. Pulled specs on tires, recalibrated with tire spec size and now I'm doing 3mph under the limit, again, verified with GPS.

My tires are 325/65/r18 which is a 35 inch tire dimension per manufacturer specs. They measured at 33 1/2 (following the ProCal instructions), which they've been on for a yr and a half so wear taken into account there.

Who here has reprogrammed and verified using GPS their speed to see if it's exact? And I use my GPS for work and in my work vehicle the speed I'm going matches GPS, so I know GPS speed is accurate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used hypertech module, set mine to manuf specs and I'm right on the money with GPS

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Interesting turn of events... The module is no longer calibrating the truck. Won't even rest it back to factory. As of right now, not super happy and wishing I'd gone with a better programmer. AEV was a reasonable price and super simple... They've been contacted so we'll see what they say.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Module not working was tied to some ABS/ESP DTC in the computer. They were cleared and its working now.

Side not, my dealership still wouldn't do anything for TPMS. Time to shop around for another dealer who will

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Module not working was tied to some ABS/ESP DTC in the computer. They were cleared and its working now.

Side not, my dealership still wouldn't do anything for TPMS. Time to shop around for another dealer who will

Keep lookin'. I'd suggest going to AEV's site and find a certified AEV Mopar dealer. That's where I go and they never refuse to do any work I have asked them to do, including TPMS reset with AEV's module. Didn't even have to twist their arm. They just charged me an hour of labor. Non-AEV dealers will prob give you ****.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Keep lookin'. I'd suggest going to AEV's site and find a certified AEV Mopar dealer. That's where I go and they never refuse to do any work I have asked them to do, including TPMS reset with AEV's module. Didn't even have to twist their arm. They just charged me an hour of labor. Non-AEV dealers will prob give you ****.
Didn't even think of that. Thank you!

Gear Jammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just ordered a procal for my truck, and I have an AEV dealer close by. I'll have to see if they will reset the TPMS for me.

Thanks for that tip Mohemipar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956