2014 2500 Leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
OK. Sorry about making a new thread when there is so many threads already about leveling our Rams/Dodge trucks. But every thread I keep seeing mostly pertains to the 1500 series trucks. So I am starting this thread solely in the purpose of talking about leveling and/or leveling out ¾ ton trucks.

OK, for my truck. I have a new 2014 2500 4x4 and I want to level it. Maybe later down the road I will lift it. But for now just a leveling kit and maybe upgrade to some 35s. I was thinking of doing the coil spacers and maybe the Bilstein 5100's together. But wanted others opinions and assistance. I have never done blocks/spacers. On my old 85 powerwagon I done all leaf additions to get 12" of lift to run a set of 44" ground hawgs. Yes it was a rough ride. But I built it for offroad use and very big holes of mud.

But this is my daily driver for work and will be my family vehicle till we get my wife a new vehicle and replace the hamster car. (KIA Soul) So lifting it and putting some 40s or even 37s is out for now. But I am wanting y'alls opinions on what I should do to get the best ride and comfort.

Also, if I do the spacers and Bilstein 5100's together. Are the 5100's easily adjustable. Say like I have them set at 2½" for just driving around and I have to tow something. Can I easily adjust them back down to 2" pretty easily and quickly???

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
5100's are not easily adjustable, you have to remove them and use a special tool, and realign. With your solid axle you rig is totally different then most of ours, and I doubt you will have any of the same issues. I'm pretty sure with the extra weight your ride will be rough with coil spacers, I would look at 5100's or other options if it was me.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
So far the coil Springs are way smoother than my Silverado 1500 ever was. And I had the Z71 package on it. With adding the coil spacers, how does that change the ride stiffness. I'm not adding more tension to it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It's been a long time since I had a 2500, I even forgot if I leveled it I've had some many trucks since then. It compresses the spring and the shock in the 1500. Your springs are on a set position on the shock, when you put a spacer you don't move that position you just compress everything.

I have had at least 5 trucks probably more, and this baby is the smoothest ever.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A coil spacer, or replacement progressive rate coil, either will work.
I personally would look into something like a Carli or Thuren coil.

Issue being, I don't know they make one that'd level a Hemi, they level a Cummins.
*Shrug* really not sure, they'll have to make a different spring for the '14+s anywho.

If you do go with a spacer, make sure you are able to retain the factory coil isolator, otherwise you could pick up some vibrations / annoyances you don't want.

Also, being a SFA truck, you might want to consider an adjustable trac bar.
a 2" level wouldn't shift the axle much, but it will indeed shift it.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I know my coils and shocks are way different than that on the 1500's. My shocks aren't inside the coils and the coils are much bigger.

Tinsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
New truck and new to the forum. 2014 2500 crew cab long bed 6.7 cummins looking to level the front. I just went all over this board about the UCA issues and just realized I don't have them. I will be checking out Carli and Thuren for front springs and or coil spacers. Anyone have a source for adjustable front track bar? How about shock recommendations?
Thanks

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Also, the adjustable Bilsteins are for coil over shock suspensions, which your 2500 does not have. The 5100s for your truck are not adjustable.

Poleclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
I just leveled my 2014 2500 with a2 inch spacer. Didn't affect the ride except the shocks are too short. Ordering new ones today. Other than that u cant tell the difference.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Hey, if anyone has any questions about any aspect of detailing i have my own detailing business and can answer 95% of your questions, if i cant answer them i can sure get the right answer for ya in short order!

Would you care to post links and part numbers for what you got please.

Poleclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
Zone Offroad 2" Leveling Kit - 2014 Ram 2500 & 2013-14 Ram 3500 4WD D1201

This is the level kit. Ordered shocks today but I didn't order them so I'm not sure on a part # on that. I think he was getting kyb's. My wife's uncle owns a tire/repair shop so he gets stuff for me. As of right now I have the zone shocks on that the kit recommends. There only an inch longer than stock so I'd like to get something longer. They ride better than stock though.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Very nice. What size tires did ya go to and are you going to get the shocks from the zone Web site. Thanks for the info btw.

Poleclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
295-70-18 34.4x11.6 I believe. Nitto terra grappler. The zone shocks are already on but I'm taking them back off as soon as the others show up. Want a little more travel. Stock shocks would clunk pretty loud on a rough bump like they were extending too far which they are. The zone ones haven't done it yet but they are only an inch longer than stock. Dealer where I bought my truck put a 2.5 inch level on a brand new truck on the lot. I stopped to check out the shocks they used and they were the stockers. I tried explaining they won't work but they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about which is fine. The new owner will find out...

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
295-70-18 34.4x11.6 I believe. Nitto terra grappler. The zone shocks are already on but I'm taking them back off as soon as the others show up. Want a little more travel. Stock shocks would clunk pretty loud on a rough bump like they were extending too far which they are. The zone ones haven't done it yet but they are only an inch longer than stock. Dealer where I bought my truck put a 2.5 inch level on a brand new truck on the lot. I stopped to check out the shocks they used and they were the stockers. I tried explaining they won't work but they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about which is fine. The new owner will find out...

If the dealer used the MOPAR leveling kit it comes with a extension for the shock mounts so that the OEM shocks can still be used. Did you happen to notice if this truck had those? At least that is what I have been told, it could have been a line of BS.

Poleclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
If the dealer used the MOPAR leveling kit it comes with a extension for the shock mounts so that the OEM shocks can still be used. Did you happen to notice if this truck had those? At least that is what I have been told, it could have been a line of BS.

Nope didn't have them. It wasn't the mopar kit either.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
What are you going to go with for shocks. Does zone have a recommendation as to what to use.

Poleclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
They recommend their zone shocks. Think I'm going with kyb but Idk if he found some or not. Ill know more tomorrow or Saturday

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01