2014 ram 2500 deleted in Colorado??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Guys, the wife and i eventually want to move to Colorado from Houston and I'm wondering if i do a full delete, would it be legal in Colorado? I know eventually my dpf will start getting clogged and I'll have to change it or get rid of it. Wondering if someone with this knowledge can chime in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

micsol84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think it depends where in Colorado you move to. Denver and the major cities all have emissions testing so that may cause some issues. I'm pretty sure its technically illegal statewide but I don't think the smaller towns would hassle you. There are a lot of guys running around deleted if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think it depends where in Colorado you move to. Denver and the major cities all have emissions testing so that may cause some issues. I'm pretty sure its technically illegal statewide but I don't think the smaller towns would hassle you. There are a lot of guys running around deleted if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most front range cities have emissions testing. South and east of Colorado Springs do not. We have a lot of ghetto cruiser diesels around Pueblo West.

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Was actually looking at front range cities because of more job opportunities. We really liked The Springs and Fort Collins. I got a little concerned about seeing newer diesels with dpf getting clogged and it costing upwards of 2500 to over 3k to change the filter alone. It would be cheaper to delete and the truck would run better and last longer.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Delete it and keep the stock parts so u can put them back on-

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
there are a few counties west of the front range, but still close to denver that have no emissions. gilpin is one.

same goes for a few east of denver....

good luck affording a house along the front range. 1000 people move here per week. the market is a sellers advantage - big time.

cheers comrade

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
:naughty:
Was actually looking at front range cities because of more job opportunities. We really liked The Springs and Fort Collins. I got a little concerned about seeing newer diesels with dpf getting clogged and it costing upwards of 2500 to over 3k to change the filter alone. It would be cheaper to delete and the truck would run better and last longer.

#1 If you drive it like a truck, you shouldn't have an issue. The DPF gets clogged when you drive it like a grocery getter.
#2 Spending the money and violating federal law *in case* something happens seems unwise. If you are hellbent on deleting, you could just delete *if* something happens. I don't see how its cheaper to delete now instead of then...

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
How can you not see that it's cheaper? Doesn't the emissions equipment cause premature wear and undo stress on these engines which will cause money to be spent to repair said wear?

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I understand that ( if taken care of and serviced properly) these engines will put up with a lot of miles and abuse. That's why i bought the truck with the cummins. I'm looking at longevity.