2016 Ram 2500 EGR valve TSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let's say I'm rolling up to a red light that I know is going to turn green before I stop. So as
I'm coasting towards the light feathering the throttle just to maintain momentum I can feel some type of disconnect in the output. It's very subtle.

Sent from a field

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Let's say I'm rolling up to a red light that I know is going to turn green before I stop. So as
I'm coasting towards the light feathering the throttle just to maintain momentum I can feel some type of disconnect in the output. It's very subtle.

Sent from a field

Strange? Have you tried to change somthing to see if it still happens? I would just try a full tank of a different fuel octane then what you normally use. Probably won't make any difference but I would do it just to see if it does.

Also does it do it when you're in tow haul mode? Or using the gear selector? Say you put it in fifth while driving around town so it disables MDS see if it does it as you slow down then.

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't tried to reproduce it. It's subtle enough that I know a service advisor wouldn't notice it so I haven't done anything about it.

Sent from a field

2robinhood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab
Engine
6.4l gas
So anyone have the TSB number for the EGR ?
y 2016 Ram 3500 with the 6.4 does the surging at light throttle .