2016 Ram 2500 Lift ideas with Rear Auto Air Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ok guys I'm looking at doing a little lift for my new 2016 Ram 2500 with the auto level rear air suspension. At first I was interested in doing a leveling kit, but didn't wanna throw off the rake of my rear level. So i found a Traxda Kit that had a 1" rear bag spacer. Then i figured if I'm going to do that might as well do the BDS 4" lift kit. I really don't want to have to step up to 37's. What is everyone running? Anyone running either kit? Also lets see pictures and if you have any of you standing next to your truck so I can get an idea of how tall it is.

Thanks

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Ok guys I'm looking at doing a little lift for my new 2016 Ram 2500 with the auto level rear air suspension. At first I was interested in doing a leveling kit, but didn't wanna throw off the rake of my rear level. So i found a Traxda Kit that had a 1" rear bag spacer. Then i figured if I'm going to do that might as well do the BDS 4" lift kit. I really don't want to have to step up to 37's. What is everyone running? Anyone running either kit? Also lets see pictures and if you have any of you standing next to your truck so I can get an idea of how tall it is.

Thanks

I am running a 1.75 Level kit in front and had rods made to raise the air bags a little. I think I am going to get rid of the level and go with longer coils in the front. I have heard that the PW coils are 2" longer and will work for our trucks, doing some research on that. I am running Toyo AT2 35x12.5x20 no rub - Let me see if I have any pics so you can get an idea how tall it is....

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Awesome thanks. I hated the air ride at first but now can't imagine not having it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Awesome thanks. I hated the air ride at first but now can't imagine not having it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

had to repost - could not get picture to post with tapatalk
I love the air ride - here is a pic that I just took for a height/size comparison.

Attachments

• Ram2500compare-photo4.jpg
    Ram2500compare-photo4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 169

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
had to repost - could not get picture to post with tapatalk
I love the air ride - here is a pic that I just took for a height/size comparison.

who made the rods for you, and how high does it raise the rear. Mine sits about .75" high in the back right now, so I would like to keep it close to that. I have found many 2" longer springs for front... so would need about 2" out back.

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
who made the rods for you, and how high does it raise the rear. Mine sits about .75" high in the back right now, so I would like to keep it close to that. I have found many 2" longer springs for front... so would need about 2" out back.

Found a guy in TX on the cummins forum, he told me I could go another 2-3" with the air bags with no problem. PM me if you would like his contact info. What springs are you going to go with in the front?

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Found a guy in TX on the cummins forum, he told me I could go another 2-3" with the air bags with no problem. PM me if you would like his contact info. What springs are you going to go with in the front?

PM sent, and most likely the thuren springs. they have a 2" for the 6.4 and hear they are probably the best. Would have to get new shocks, but I can get the new Fox 2.0's for a 2" lift from amazon....

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
PM sent, and most likely the thuren springs. they have a 2" for the 6.4 and hear they are probably the best. Would have to get new shocks, but I can get the new Fox 2.0's for a 2" lift from amazon....

Just replied to your PM. Keep me posted on the Thuren springs. I will be interested in hearing how you like them. When are you planning doing it? I upgraded to Fox 2.0 - great upgrade!