2500 Air Level Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi8lonestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7 Cummins
looking at purchase of a 2500, with future plans for 5th wheel hauling.

Does the air level option provide real world benefits?

Does it change ride quality any?

FireRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 DRW Longhorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 AISIN 4.10
Assuming you are asking about the auto level air suspension like I have on my 3500. With out a heavy load in the bed it changes nothing. They don't do anything or add or take away from the ride. With a heavy load (such as the pin weight from a fiver) it changes everything. (For the better). Removes the sag and keeps the truck riding in a normal stance

FireRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 DRW Longhorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 AISIN 4.10
If your thinking of getting a fith wheel why not concider going up to a 3500 SRW or a DRW. Odds are good the fiver could put you at or past the ratings of the 2500 and a 3500 SRW cost is not much more in price for a lot more payload.

Just throwing that out there.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Assuming you are asking about the auto level air suspension like I have on my 3500. With out a heavy load in the bed it changes nothing. They don't do anything or add or take away from the ride. With a heavy load (such as the pin weight from a fiver) it changes everything. (For the better). Removes the sag and keeps the truck riding in a normal stance

Ditto. I like how it works and loaded or unloaded it rides just fine.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Or you could save some money and add an aftermarket air bag kit. Both are good options.

I would also recommend the 3500 as well.

Tgallagher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2500 with the factory air and I tow a fifth wheel. I love it. I would order it again. There's a button on the dash to lower the rear end to make it level. It really takes the rake out of the truck. The truck never squats. Even when loaded down. There's also a setting called transport mode which lowers it all the way down to the bump stops. This is very nice for loading or unloading items.

Good luck with your decisions. Let me know if I can be more help.