2500 air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Is there a way to air down or deflate the factory air bags on the new 2500? I ask because I have a Hensley hitch and it's a pain to unhook while the truck is trying to load balance. Even if you put the truck in tire jack mode I assume that as the weight comes up the truck naturally goes up.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Is tire jack mode the lowest setting? Can you put it in tire jack mode while under load?

MyakkaHooker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Is tire jack mode the lowest setting? Can you put it in tire jack mode while under load?

Under load it will go down to bump stops if under like 5mph. I believe if you get to 20mph it will go to normal ride height. There is a setting that will lower the back 1" to level your load while towing.

EvanYJ350

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 CC Air Susp
Engine
6.4L 392 c.i.
Transport Mode drops it to the bumpstops. I use the air suspension almost daily towing trailers. Love it, just wish the settings were easier to get to. It takes about 5 touches on the touch screen to get to "Transport Mode".

To disconnect a trailer, I keep it at "normal ride height". Get out of rig, drop the landing gear to the ground, remove all chains and wiring, release coupler clamp. Get back in rig and go to Settings, then Suspension, then Transport Mode. This drops it right to bump stops (about 3") and is just enough to drive out from under hitch. Once clear of hitch, clear "Transport Mode" and drive away. Reverse Procedure for hooking up a trailer.

With backup camera and air suspension, moving trailers is a breeze. It would be even better if FCA would put the Transport Mode button on the key FOB.

OP
OP
K

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks guys, this was from 2017. I got the 2500 without the air ride. I'm sure your reply will help someone else down the road. I had air ride in my 1500, but i use the propride/hensley style hitch so I'm not dropping out from under the trailer when disconnecting. I have a stinger. It was always a pain to disconnect. I love the 2500, no air ride works great for me.

Last edited:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Transport Mode drops it to the bumpstops. I use the air suspension almost daily towing trailers. Love it, just wish the settings were easier to get to. It takes about 5 touches on the touch screen to get to "Transport Mode".

To disconnect a trailer, I keep it at "normal ride height". Get out of rig, drop the landing gear to the ground, remove all chains and wiring, release coupler clamp. Get back in rig and go to Settings, then Suspension, then Transport Mode. This drops it right to bump stops (about 3") and is just enough to drive out from under hitch. Once clear of hitch, clear "Transport Mode" and drive away. Reverse Procedure for hooking up a trailer.

With backup camera and air suspension, moving trailers is a breeze. It would be even better if FCA would put the Transport Mode button on the key FOB.
Man fancy stuff. Once out of truck I’d crank the handle a couple times and drive out and be done with everything. I love y’all’s fancy trucks I feel so primitive haha

OP
OP
K

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
On my 1500 i could drop the air ride down with the fob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk