2500 Snow plow prep group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It's OK to respond to my posts, by voiceing your real world experiences, in a SOBER manner...Again digging up a 350+ day old post and quoting it seems problematic especially for a moderator...So what were you drinking late last night?...
Dude I don’t even drink. I use Tapatalk I don’t care how old a thread is if it interests me. You post things to **** people off then get upset if someone asks you a question. If you don’t want to have a conversation why are you on this forum? I will quote you for clarity and frankly quoting you shows how disconnected you are with reality. People here with experience have stated you bought the wrong vehicle many times but you won’t listen.

You can either enjoy the forum and the dialogue that goes with it or sit alone in your plow truck that you don’t like and complain about. Your choice. You are so defensive it is ridiculous.

This is a forum we question people and ideas to get a better understanding of their thoughts and learn about the topic at hand.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get it, somewhat. I mean I am unsatisfied about some current warranty type issues with my truck, and have voiced opinion on that.. But man, If I hated my truck that much, there is simply no way I would keep it. I suppose that's the part I don't understand. It seems like buying the truck on a premise it would perform the duties you ask of it, and it didnt would certainly leave one disappointed. But to never remedy the situation and keep being miserable and pissed about your choice, seems purely optional, as one can modify their current truck or buy a different one to fit their needs. There are solutions to this issue.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I wouldn’t want to be on that receiving end of this dude’s plowing services. Probably tears up people’s lawns, destroys parking lots. Property damage everywhere. Then blames it on the Ram.

I get it, somewhat. I mean I am unsatisfied about some current warranty type issues with my truck, and have voiced opinion on that.. But man, If I hated my truck that much, there is simply no way I would keep it. I suppose that's the part I don't understand. It seems like buying the truck on a premise it would perform the duties you ask of it, and it didnt would certainly leave one disappointed. But to never remedy the situation and keep being miserable and pissed about your choice, seems purely optional, as one can modify their current truck or buy a different one to fit their needs. There are solutions to this issue.

Complaints are welcome when there is a realistic tone. Most people on here have a grasp of that concept. He probably doesn’t even own the truck anymore and just comes to troll. Or he does still own it because it’s not as bad as he makes it out to be.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I honestly don't know if some one mentioned this or not.. got sick of all the stuff in the middle.. but I do remember reading that Ram was having electrical issues with people snowplowing, so the snow chief was supposed to have fixed that issue if you planed to plow.
My truck came with the snow chief package, though I never intend to plow with it. It does include 5 upfitter switcher, pre wired and prefused. Those switches are adjustable for momentary or SPST style switches. I think this was in response to people trying to modify existing wiring. If it's installed correctly, those switches should be sufficient for most people's towing electrical needs.

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Those upfitter swtiches are awesome. I hooked my front strobes up to aux 1, rear strobes to aux2, and my rear spotlights to aux 3. I do not know who has rear spotlights on here, but if you put them on the frame on each side of the spare tire, they are pretty much competely hidden until you put them on.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Those upfitter swtiches are awesome. I hooked my front strobes up to aux 1, rear strobes to aux2, and my rear spotlights to aux 3. I do not know who has rear spotlights on here, but if you put them on the frame on each side of the spare tire, they are pretty much competely hidden until you put them on.

Mine was supposed to come with those & a larger alternator but somehow got left off of the build sheet. When it arrived without them I got really pissed & told the dealer it will cost me 4 times as much to get those items added now! For my trouble they took another $2,000 off of the sale which helped the pain. :) I am getting ready to hook up lights on my headache rack & those switches would come in handy about now.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So shoot2kill you discredit everyone younger than you but you can’t even read a window sticker/ build sheet? I don’t have sympathy for someone who acts the way you do. I don’t know why you would attack people’s age because it just isn’t right. Soon you will be at an age where you can’t get a job because of ageism so I hope that your business succeeds or you are out of luck because the script you are using will be flipped. Good day.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

It seems that driving in all the slop all winter would mean you had to crawl under and wash them every time you plowed? do they not just get covered in sand and ashes?

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I give my truck a good wash or at least a power wash underneath after every storm. But, no they do not really get covered. If you put them on each side of the spare; they are high enough and in enough to be out of the way of all the flying salt and muck.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I give my truck a good wash or at least a power wash underneath after every storm. But, no they do not really get covered. If you put them on each side of the spare; they are high enough and in enough to be out of the way of all the flying salt and muck.

What I really want to know... is that your wife & mistress in the same profile picture! LOL

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I may be 26, but at least I'm a 26 year old adult, not a 57 year old manchild. I was actually able to determine that my truck had 3.73's pretty easily, despite it being a used vehicle. If I had a hard-on for 4.10's like yourself I probably wouldn't have just assumed the plow package comes with them.
You're 57, but just sign off on a $30-40k truck without knowing what it's equipped with and get mad when it's not right? Talk about entitled...

Actually, STK didn't have to assume since he already posted for all to see before buying the truck.
http://www.ramforum.com/threads/2015-ram-2500-pricing.61192/page-2#post-1144759

Even states quite clearly it's a 3.73 ratio on the window sticker, which he posted in the same thread as well. Also states exactly what's included in the Snow Chief package:
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C6MR5AJ0FG649675

So, not sure how it possibly could have been a big surprise. It's also well known that the Transjunk tires are just that. I sold mine with 600 miles and used the proceeds towards better tires. Any amount of research would have made it pretty obvious these were not well liked tires. People I know that plow as a business all have favorite brands that they run of there trucks. So, not sure why this was such a big surprise either. JSIA.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Thank you for the adult answer. Funny I have a 1500 with 4.56 gears and KO2s so I imagine my truck is better suited to plow than Shoot2Kill’s minus the sag from a heavy a plow.

You can’t buy my truck with 4.56 gears... guess what I did. I solved the problem by making a change for my application. I didn’t buy mine new though and expect Ram to know what I needed.

How dare you break protocols on ramforum!!!! As a super moderator you should know the rules and, quite frankly, I think it's inexcusable that you actually fix an issue with your truck by replacing your stock gears with 4.56 gears. You should have left them the way they were, be grumpy about it then come on here get belligerent on how crappy your truck is. Since you usurped said policy i think you need a self imposted 7 day vacation from RF. Capisce!!!

:buttkick:

Actually, why did you switch gears on a 1500? Seems like an interesting upgrade for a 1500.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
How dare you break protocols on ramforum!!!! As a super moderator you should know the rules and, quite frankly, I think it's inexcusable that you actually fix an issue with your truck by replacing your stock gears with 4.56 gears. You should have left them the way they were, be grumpy about it then come on here get belligerent on how crappy your truck is. Since you usurped said policy i think you need a self imposted 7 day vacation from RF. Capisce!!!

:buttkick:

Actually, why did you switch gears on a 1500? Seems like an interesting upgrade for a 1500.

I did it because I put 285/65R20 A/T KOs almost 35s on and the thing was dog. Keep in mind I have the 5/6 speed which doesn’t have the ultra low 1st like 8 speed does. I also didn’t like the downshifting from 5th to 4th when towing.

I used to tow more especially when I bought it so I splurged and got 4.56 gears and an Auburn LSD.

It made the truck a beast and I can tow anything I would need to with it.

A lot of guys here did 4.56 on 1500s before the 8 speed. In fact that is how I found Ram Forum so many years ago.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not that I'm interested in changing my gears or tire size but what was the overall effect on gas mileage and speedometer error? I realize you got what you wanted as far as grunt affect, what was the down side?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did it because I put 285/65R20 A/T KOs almost 35s on and the thing was dog. Keep in mind I have the 5/6 speed which doesn’t have the ultra low 1st like 8 speed does. I also didn’t like the downshifting from 5th to 4th when towing.

I used to tow more especially when I bought it so I splurged and got 4.56 gears and an Auburn LSD.

It made the truck a beast and I can tow anything I would need to with it.

A lot of guys here did 4.56 on 1500s before the 8 speed. In fact that is how I found Ram Forum so many years ago.

What gears were you running prior?