2 inch level and 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighorn2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 ram bighorn
Engine
6.4 hemi
If 35s will fit a 14 or 15 without rubbing on stock wheels. Will 37s fit with a 2 inch level.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Yes, they can... but you need to have the correct wheel width/offset in order to make it work. I haven't looked into the details exactly but I'd imagine a little bit of trimming is required as well.

OP
OP
bighorn2500

bighorn2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 ram bighorn
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thinkin I got some room to play with.

Attachments

• 1427747311885.jpg
    1427747311885.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 597

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
It also depends on what tires you go with too. I have a set of TOYO Open Country 35 /12.50 /18s on the front and I rub the radius control arms when I full turn left on stock rims and a RC 2½" Leveling kit.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
1427747311885.jpg

There, fixed it for you.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
As long as you have a 4.75" backspace or more they'll fit. I'm waiting on my Method wheels and I'm leveling the truck tomorrow (finally) and I'll get some pic's up when it's all done.
I think I'll have to take a heat gun to the fender liner but other than that my measurements show it should be good.
There's another guy on here that has the same set up, method 17's and 37's. No rub

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'd stick with 35's. IMO, 37's just look too stuffed with only a leveling kit.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I like the stuffed look... The whole point of tires is more ground clearance, if you can get it without lifting the rest of the truck and CG why not? But I do like the look of a 6" lift, so I see both ways.

I'm off to Sears to buy a new fu@&!?$ floor Jack! Mine just **** the bed... Fluid everywhere... Yay, now I get to clean before I lift

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
So apparently the rough country 2.5" level kit doesn't fit a '15.
My driver side coil bucket isnt open on top. It covered over by frame steel and the abs pump is on top of that. The flag nut that goes up in there to hold the spacer has no where to go. FML...

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I like the stuffed look... The whole point of tires is more ground clearance, if you can get it without lifting the rest of the truck and CG why not? But I do like the look of a 6" lift, so I see both ways.

I'm off to Sears to buy a new fu@&!?$ floor Jack! Mine just **** the bed... Fluid everywhere... Yay, now I get to clean before I lift
Yes it does. It's a pain in the ****. You have to take the inner fender cover off and then you will have just enough room to get an open end wrench in there. The 14 2500 is the same way. I done the passenger side in like 20 minutes. And the driver side took about 1½ hours. And a lot of skin off my knuckles.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
So apparently the rough country 2.5" level kit doesn't fit a '15.
My driver side coil bucket isnt open on top. It covered over by frame steel and the abs pump is on top of that. The flag nut that goes up in there to hold the spacer has no where to go. FML...
Sorry. I quoted you on the wrong post. It will fit. Lol. See my last post. Sorry.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
It's all good... Lol
Ok here's how it went down. This is hard to explain if you haven't installed this before. The RC level kit is well built, except for the flag nuts that hold the level blocks to the coil buckets. I finally got it all to work but it won't be staying on the truck long.
The passenger side coil bucket is open on top, probly a 3.5" diameter hole, that was punched in the steel so the top edge is rolled down. There's tons of room to get on top of it and put the flag nut in. The instructions say to put it in from the bottom where the spring would be but you can just drop it in from the top. The way it seats in there (and what I'm really unhappy about) is the flag nut is pulled into the hole by the bolt that goes up thru the leveling puck. The hole in the bucket is conical and the nut plate is just slightly larger than the bottom of the hole. So if that nut plate bends in any way it'll fall through the hole (likely? Not really but still a **** poor design) plus the nut that welded to the plate to make it a 'flag' nut is a cheap grade 5 easily stripped nut.

So here's the really fun part. The drivers side nut plate will go in the coil bucket, but only from the bottom. The hole is still conical shaped just like the pass side, so the flag nut is pulled into the hole. Getting it in there requires you to put it in at an angle sliding it into the one and only little gap that's not welded over by the abs support bracket (part of the frame), and then sliding it level into the hole so it can't fall out (which it does a few times until you get both edges seated in the hole).
Other than it goes together easily, I had the job done in2 hours by myself with 2 floor jacks. I've instlled a few RC lifts and these were the worst instructions I've ever seen from them. I didn't really use them but the oictures of the parts don't match what you're installing which is what initially threw me into thinking it wouldn't work. They don't tell you the flag nuts are designed to be pulled into the hole. The pics show a long nut plate the would just sit over the frame and clamp the lift puck down.
All is well though, after a short drive to settle the springs there is even more room for the 37's than I initially planned. I'll get pics up tomorrow after the alignment, still waiting on wheels though.

And I'm sorry if that was a confusing write up, if you're curious enough get on RC's website and pull up the instructions for the lift. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I dropped the axle and totally removed the coil spring on the driver side to give me all the room I needed. I didn't have to put it in at an angle. It all lined right up.

OP
OP
bighorn2500

bighorn2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 ram bighorn
Engine
6.4 hemi
I don't mind trimming hell I'm down with 40s if I can keep my stock wheels

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Gas Monkey Garage has a cummins on 40's leveled... Who knows how much fender they had to remove on that one. I wish I could find more info on it.

OP
OP
bighorn2500

bighorn2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 ram bighorn
Engine
6.4 hemi
You talking bout there dually?

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
It's all good... Lol
Ok here's how it went down. This is hard to explain if you haven't installed this before. The RC level kit is well built, except for the flag nuts that hold the level blocks to the coil buckets. I finally got it all to work but it won't be staying on the truck long.
The passenger side coil bucket is open on top, probly a 3.5" diameter hole, that was punched in the steel so the top edge is rolled down. There's tons of room to get on top of it and put the flag nut in. The instructions say to put it in from the bottom where the spring would be but you can just drop it in from the top. The way it seats in there (and what I'm really unhappy about) is the flag nut is pulled into the hole by the bolt that goes up thru the leveling puck. The hole in the bucket is conical and the nut plate is just slightly larger than the bottom of the hole. So if that nut plate bends in any way it'll fall through the hole (likely? Not really but still a **** poor design) plus the nut that welded to the plate to make it a 'flag' nut is a cheap grade 5 easily stripped nut.

So here's the really fun part. The drivers side nut plate will go in the coil bucket, but only from the bottom. The hole is still conical shaped just like the pass side, so the flag nut is pulled into the hole. Getting it in there requires you to put it in at an angle sliding it into the one and only little gap that's not welded over by the abs support bracket (part of the frame), and then sliding it level into the hole so it can't fall out (which it does a few times until you get both edges seated in the hole).
Other than it goes together easily, I had the job done in2 hours by myself with 2 floor jacks. I've instlled a few RC lifts and these were the worst instructions I've ever seen from them. I didn't really use them but the oictures of the parts don't match what you're installing which is what initially threw me into thinking it wouldn't work. They don't tell you the flag nuts are designed to be pulled into the hole. The pics show a long nut plate the would just sit over the frame and clamp the lift puck down.
All is well though, after a short drive to settle the springs there is even more room for the 37's than I initially planned. I'll get pics up tomorrow after the alignment, still waiting on wheels though.
H
And I'm sorry if that was a confusing write up, if you're curious enough get on RC's website and pull up the instructions for the lift. You'll see what I'm talking about.

It's already tomorrow and we want pics.:favorites13:

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
It's been raining all day... I haven't gotten any yet. Plus the wife won't let me have it long enough now to get any! Her Hemi foot was unhappy yesterday being without the truck.
I still need to get some post lift measurements now that it's got a few miles on it.