6.4 AFE GT momentum Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been waiting forever for this intake to be released and 6 months of shipping delays I finally received and installed my intake. Fit and finish is excellent, first test drive in the am on the drive to work.
Some before and after pics.

IMG_5838.JPGIMG_5842.JPGIMG_5843.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Looks nice, but wholly crap are they pricey!

Last edited:

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Looks cool. I can't wait to hear if you have any mpg gains or notice any performance increase on the seat of your pants meter.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
FINALLY! Please report back on this, Im holding off to buy one

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Sorry but I'll put my money towards a Diablo/Hemi fever before I put out $450 for a CAI!

OP
OP
MGRAM

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drive to work this morning throttle response is better and overall WOT pull felt stronger.

I have a magnaflow catback exhaust on, have a Diablo trinity as well but I'm running the intake on the stock tune since most guys don't have tuners due to ecm swap neededz

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good call on that! Interested to hear results with the tune. Also if any mpg gains after the computer relearns. Did you unhook battery for install?

OP
OP
MGRAM

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good call on that! Interested to hear results with the tune. Also if any mpg gains after the computer relearns. Did you unhook battery for install?

I didn't, but gonna do a few weeks for a full review for mileage and such. My truck is decent for mileage already averaging 12-13L/100km on the highway. Crew cab long box with 4:10 gears IMG_3919.JPG

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Where did you buy it? This is not listed on their website.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
That is a nice looking CAI.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any updates. Videos. Love to get a full review on this intake.

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I just installed one these yesterday. A bit of highway driving and a bit of stomping on it to see how it sounds. Throttle response seems better and the CAI is very quiet which isn't surprising as it is fully sealed like the stock air box. Doesn't sound much different than the stock unit. Had a K&N HAI (hot air intake) on my truck briefly and there was a loss of low end that was noticeable off idle which the dyno chart for that intake shows. This one also shows a loss to about 2200 rpm I believe (would have to check the dyno chart on the AFE website) but I'm over 2200 pretty quick so not a big deal to me - from a seat of the pants standpoint it's not noticeable that there's any loss down low. All CAIs have this loss of low end and give more power in the mid to high ranges but this one seems less than most.

Fit and finish is great but on install you may have to cut a zip tie that holds wiring to the bottom of the stock air box which you'll be removing. The install instructions just mentions the A/C line brackets you need to remove and secondary A/C lines you need to unclip from brackets on the stock air box.

Can't speak mileage as it just went on there but not expecting much.

Bought it to go with a Hemi Fever tune and probably wouldn't have bothered with it otherwise. It is a pricey unit. As with any CAI don't expect any miracles from just adding this one part and you won't be disappointed.

Much better option than the K&N unless you want the intake 'growl' that the K&N has in abundance. Or, of course, you don't want to shell out the additional cash but still want an aftermarket CAI of some type. I believe these are still the only two 'CAI' options for the 6.4 on the market at this point in time. Since the K&N unit isn't sealed, I guess the AFE unit in the only real CAI option other than the stock box.

Last edited:

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Figured I'd throw an update in here for mileage.

Just got back from a 6 hour round trip to Edmonton from Calgary (about 3 hours each way @ 120 km/h) and by the end of the trip the lie-o-meter on the computer was telling me I was getting 14.8L/100km. Cruise was set for about 90% of the trip and saw this reading on both legs of the trip.

Last time I ran this trip with the stock box and a K&N drop in I was around 15.5L/100km on the computer. Same speed with cruise set.

For those of you that do a lot of highway driving you may see some gains. You probably won't notice jack around town though - I haven't and didn't expect to.

Hope this helps.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yes it did help, thank you for the review.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye