6.4 hemi air/whistle noise under light throttle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
OP here. Mines is for related to the column shifter/transmission. I can make it stop by just slightly pushing up on the shifter. I haven't figured out a fix.... im just used to every time i get in to drive i just reach up and push on it lightly and it goes away. It stays away until shift back into park. I posted about it a few pages back, but i Hope that helps.
Yeah I read that and tried it. No such luck for me. Oh well. Next stop the shop I guess

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
TO the OP,

Mine used to do it all the time it will be much more noticeable when cold outside. Ever since I did the transmission fluid change with Redline C+ ATF the noise is gone. At about 10,000 miles I did a pan drop/fluid change and changed the filters. Also installed. 2+ quart deep pan. Did it well befor the beginning of this winter....( still winter here) and have not had the noise all winter.

After the first fluid and filter change i did 2 more fluid changes (left the filters) to achieve as clost to 100% Redlin C+ ATF in the transmission as i could. I did all 3 changes within a few months of the first one.

Not sure if its related but seems lile it could be. I had it ALL the time and now nothing.

Last edited:

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I have a whistle on my 5.7 but it’s only under heavy crosswinds on the highway. Seems to be coming from the front passenger side wheel well. Any clue as to what that may be? Probably just the winding whistling through suspension parts but wasn’t sure

2016 5.7L Ram 1500 QC

bigdodge

Reaction score
I can absolutely confirm this. The sound is more like a screetch or a whistling tea pot. I can push up on the selector and it stops.
OP here. Mine is for sure related to the column shifter/transmission. I can make it stop by just slightly pushing up on the shifter. I haven't figured out a fix.... im just used to every time i get in to drive i just reach up and push on it lightly and it goes away. It stays away until shift back into park. I posted about it a few pages back, but i Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got the 5.7 2500 and hear it constantly. I've read 100 different things it could be and still no answer lol