7th time in the shop- thinking this is the last nail- just a rant.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Had to stop at the dealership this morning to get a check engine light read and diagnosed. EVAP system leak. At around 1200hrs heading home for lunch going over the bridge- lost all momentum, RPMs hit 4000 and lost all gears. Thankfully I was able to roll to a stop on the downhill side. It's a ****** feeling watching your truck being towed away like that- I won't lie. No gears at all, not even reverse.

In the month and a half I have owned it, that truck has been back in for all kinds of problems 7 ****** times (perpetual check engine light), now this. My command start has only worked for 2 weeks since the CEL always disables it. Needless to say- I was not a happy camper. Called the dealer manager, told him either find a way to get me back into my 1500 that is still sitting on the lot, or a different truck because this was the last straw. Too many problems in too short of time. Pretty sure I got the lemon.

Just **** Monday luck.

Blazin383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Wow! Really sorry to hear about the troubles! I've only got 5,300 miles on my 15 2500 6.4, and not a single problem yet, but then I wouldn't expect to have any problems on a brand new $50K vehicle!

I'd be beside my self if I were in your position! Keep leaning on the dealership and make them make it right! Hopefully they will do whatever possible to make this right for you! Makes me think harder about that lifetime bumper to bumper warrantee! Good luck!

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jeez. That sucks man. Hopefully you can get something worked out.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Yeesh. I hope the dealer makes it right and you don't have to unleash the hounds...er...lawyers.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you buy it new or used.. That sucks.. I know the feeling. Mine has been the same with the lifters, and read diff exploding, and a few other issues. How upside down are you and can you still lemon law it under its warranty?

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
20000km on it when I bought it. I have put 1900km on it since. Dealer is bringing me a '15 2500 limited this evening to check out with 0km. If it fits, they will swap the two and I will be on my head about 2000. Might be worth it. I am pretty sure I don't want that '14 back.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Sorry for the bad luck with the truck. Let us know how it works out.

Knock on wood only 2600 miles on my 15 but have yet to have one problem with it

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
20000km on it when I bought it. I have put 1900km on it since. Dealer is bringing me a '15 2500 limited this evening to check out with 0km. If it fits, they will swap the two and I will be on my head about 2000. Might be worth it. I am pretty sure I don't want that '14 back.

Id do that without even blinking. The 2k is worth the headache being gone imo.
Plus the cost can climb well past that very fast with a lemon when it gets to be one your dime not warranty's

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's a limited, but missing a lot of options like the rambox, antispin diff, etc. Those two alone are a deal breaker.

I guess the good news is- they dont repair the transmissions. They just replace. So if it's what the figure, it will be a new trans.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just got the follow up call today. Tech said he opened the pan and pieces fell out- and he has no clue what they are even from. Soooo... now they have to wait until the tech can do a complete tear down of the transmission, call the tech hotline to see if they want to replace it or REBUILD IT.

I made it pretty clear that I won't accept a rebuilt in house, so we'll see what happens. Starting to get a little hot under the collar with this one.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Makes me wonder if this truck was a "problem child" before you bought it? I mean some glitches are usually expected with vehicles from time to time but this seems extreme!

My 14 2500 has been almost flawless, just a RFH replaced in almost a year of owning it.

Tough call, but damn I'd be tempted to go with the new 15 for $2k difference and just get rid of that one and the headaches.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Leaning more towards that now. They found a 15 with AS diff and everything else minus rambox. I am thinking I will look harder at it. The only issue is- the build date falls into the wrist pin problem dates. Fuuuuuuuck

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Sorry to hear about your trouble, I hate having those issues as well. It was more than likely traded because the previous owner had the same experience and dumped the problems on you.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Quick update. We are saying goodbye to the '14 and buying the '15. The dealership agreed to quietly buy me out of that truck for what I paid. Maybe it had something to do with the statement "This can be our problem together. We can get to know each other!" All told I will be out $3500 but my sanity is worth more. A '15 Limited minus RamBox. Dealership has been good- I understand they are just trying to unload stock so I got a good deal and beggars can't be choosers. I also understand they are probably REALLY sick of hearing from me.

One part I found a little funny- when they went to bring it out of the shop yesterday it wouldn't start. Threw a CEL and just cranked over and over.

Here's hoping this is a better experience.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sorry to hear about all the $hit ya had to go through... Glad ya got it all worked out!

SupermanWV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 15 was within the wrist pin date as well. But the dealer told me it was only the 14's that we're having the problems. Not the 15's, so I shouldn't worry. Who knows? They said parts for 15's came from different bins.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yup. What I was told too. Different lines etc. I'm not going to worry about it. I have the '15 now. This thing is a totally different animal. Makes me wonder how many things were actually wrong under that '14.