Adjustable track bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Finally installed the Thuren's track bar to center the axle along with a 1.5" leveling kit. Was pleasantly surprised, you can really feel a difference in cornering. Feels more solid/confident and so far haven't noticed any additional noise.

mandlbarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Finally installed the Thuren's track bar to center the axle along with a 1.5" leveling kit. Was pleasantly surprised, you can really feel a difference in cornering. Feels more solid/confident and so far haven't noticed any additional noise.

I was planning on installing the Traxda (or similar) 1.5" leveling kit on my '14 2500. Is the adjustable track bar necessary with just the 1.5" kit as opposed to the 2.5" or taller lifts?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Honestly, I don't know if it was really necessary but you could probably debate it forever. Axle was definitely shifted to the drivers side but I never measured how much before installing the new track bar. Also purchased the bar to help eliminate any chance of death wobble with the front lift. Not sure if it's really as common as internet posts make it seem but with the lift, BFG's, etc. I figured it was cheap insurance.

mandlbarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Honestly, I don't know if it was really necessary but you could probably debate it forever. Axle was definitely shifted to the drivers side but I never measured how much before installing the new track bar. Also purchased the bar to help eliminate any chance of death wobble with the front lift. Not sure if it's really as common as internet posts make it seem but with the lift, BFG's, etc. I figured it was cheap insurance.

That might be something I will try as well, because I have noticed a little wandering and hopefully it takes care of it. You said you could definitely feel a difference in steering with the track bar?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I definitely noticed a difference in steering feel right away. It actually came as a bit of a surprise since I was busy listening to the exhaust with the new headers and not really thinking about the bar. But that's another story.