After 6 months of ownership......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WaterBoy1

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I have 2500 miles on mine with a similar 20 mile one way commute and have typically (last 4 fill ups) seen a hand calculated 12.5 mpg (13.7 EVIC). I'm hoping that it keeps climbing and will be as good as yours.

And I concur with all of your pros list and would add that the ride & smoothness under acceleration is top notch.
If you take a look at my fuelly again, you'll see it keeps getting better and better. Granted, I've done a couple of short trips in the last couple of weeks (300 km or so each time) but that is definitely helping my overall mileage.

I think as of my last fill-up today, I'm at around 14.7 l/100km (16mpg) average. :)

Blazin383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
WaterBoy, I agree with your summary and come from much the same place. I have always been a die hard GM guy and have had great luck with my Chevy trucks. I haven't owned a Chrysler/Dodge product since I was young. The build quality and reliability issues kept me away for decades! My wife talked me into buying this 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie and I went with the 6.4 Hemi and 4:10 gears because I just didn't see the need for a Cummins and the $8,000 bump didn't seem necessary. I tow a 7500 lb boat and trailer and have absolutely no complaints about how the 6.4 handels the load. Chassis wise it is rock solid with the trailer on behind and the 700 lb tongue weight is just enough to soften the, already nice ride, to perfection. I've never needed more power than the 6.4 has and have never even used what's on tap now.

Interior wise I love the Ram. We custom ordered the truck and checked most all the boxes except sun roof and love all of the creature comforts! I think the Ram has the nicest interior of any truck on the market, especially in the heavy duty line.

I have about 5,000 miles on mine now and so far it has been mechanically perfect with the exception of a high pitched squeel coming from the trans when I first start up and put it in reverse. Not quite sure what that is yet but if it gets any worse it will go to the shop for evaluation. All in all I love the truck and couldn't be happier. Sure it's thursty, but its a 6.4 liter gas engine. It's gonna use lots of gas, especially when towing a load, but I never expected it to get Prius level fuel economy! It's a 7,000 + lb work horse...what would you expect!

If the long term reliability is on par with the inital build quality, I'll be a happy guy for years to come! Besides, mama likes it and you know what they say...happy wife happy life!!

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the same boat. Been a GM/Ford guy for years, starting with my '66 Chevy Stepside back in 1984. I've owned 3 Chevy/GMC, 3 Fords, a '58 *****'s and a J-10 Honcho. In the past few years, I've been renting trucks for work and have had all of the Big 3...fell in love with the Ram the first time I drove it. *****'s & AMC are out of the question now for obvious reasons.

The main negative of GM for me now is the seat depth...they're just a bit deeper than Ford & Ram so that the front of the seat presses on an artery in each leg and cuts off circulation to my lower legs. Ford puts the center seat belt retractor in the corner of the seat back which cuts out 1/4 of the console storage space and the in-cab storage is quite inconvenient to me...plus, I hate the Sync system...Microsoft rushed it to market and still hasn't worked out all of the bugs.

This signature is AWESOME!!!