Aftermarket different covers and transmission pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Who's got them and what are recommendations. Specifically looking to upgrade to drain bolts. Added capacity would be a bonus.

Edit: Damn spell check. Should be differential not different.
sent from a field

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a Mag-Hytec pan, same one used in the 545RFE/65RFE trans. Holds two additional quarts over the stock pan.

Last edited:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
For the differentials on 2014+ 2500's the sway and track bars present problems. AEV conversions has released both a front and rear cover but adds no extra capacity but does give the ability to drain and refill easier. I have put both on mine and like them.

American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).

American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).

PML is currently prototype testing a new rear cover that adds about an additional 1/2 quart with a expected ship dates starting October 2016.

PML Rear Differential Cover for 2014 and newer Ram 2500 with the AAM 11 1/2, 14 Bolt

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Kinda pricey just to get a drain plug.

sent from a field

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had Mag-Hytec trans Pan and diff cover on my 13. Was very satisfied with both. Good products, well made but not cheap. Transferred the diff cover over to my 16.
Jay

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the differentials on 2014+ 2500's the sway and track bars present problems. AEV conversions has released both a front and rear cover but adds no extra capacity but does give the ability to drain and refill easier. I have put both on mine and like them.

PML is currently prototype testing a new rear cover that adds about an additional 1/2 quart with a expected ship dates starting October 2016.

PML Rear Differential Cover for 2014 and newer Ram 2500 with the AAM 11 1/2, 14 Bolt

That PML cover looks nice

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

sent from a field

Drain plug, Increase capacity, and ease of install was worth every penny :roflsquared:

OP
OP
O

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the tranny pan I would agree. But the diff covers, debatable.

OP
OP
O

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get a siphon or pump.

Yes, that is a viable option and one I would normally use. I didn't know these aftermarket items were in the price range they are.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

sent from a field

I agree, pricey if just for a drain plug. To be fair though AEV does not market them just for that reason and more for the serious off road environment.

The main problem is RAM when with a different suspension setup on the 2014+ HD's and severely limit the access to the rear differential cover and does not give much dimensional room for aftermarket covers and especially those with extra capacity.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had Mag-Hytec trans Pan and diff cover on my 13. Was very satisfied with both. Good products, well made but not cheap. Transferred the diff cover over to my 16.
Jay

How much oil does the differential take with the Mag-Hytec ? Thanks!

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I signed up for the email list for the PML stuff, but haven't received any kind of info since I did that a week or so ago...the AEV stuff is expensive, and I don't see where it says anything about extra capacity. I don't need anything extra HD for off-roading since I do zero of that. I just want easier draining and more capacity to keep it cooler.

Are AEV and PML the only options for the 6.4 with the rear bar that's in the way?