Anyone running Carli on their 2500 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the full 6" Carli Backcountry on my 2005 cummins and loved it but don't wanna spend that kind of cash again. Just looking to clear 35's and get a better ride. Carli 3" will do, just wondering if anyone has tried a good setup that works with these Hemi's. I heard somewhere that a mix of Carli and Thueren works well. Anyone have a setup that they are happy with?

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Matt from moes performance has a carli/thueren on his cummins.

I'm hopeful installing the carli performance 2.0 system this summer. But I would like to do a mixed system.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
We had a member join a few weeks ago with a full carli set up on his 3rd gen hemi, ravved about it of course and had pictures of the truck in the air at the dunes but I don't think he has posted much since

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I am running a Carli/Thuren 3" kit with 35's on my 2010 Cummins.

Thuren 3" Coils
Thuren Control Arms
Thuren Adjustable Tracbar
Dysko Front Bump Stops
Carli Low Mount Steering Stabilizer
Carli Deaver Rear Leafs
Carli Backcountry Shocks

You do still feel the smaller bumps in the road, but it takes the bigger bumps like its nothing. I have had the truck up to 70mph on the beach on not so flat ground, and it handled it perfect. I was very impressed.

OP
OP
Kevn

Kevn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am running a Carli/Thuren 3" kit with 35's on my 2010 Cummins.

Thuren 3" Coils
Thuren Control Arms
Thuren Adjustable Tracbar
Dysko Front Bump Stops
Carli Low Mount Steering Stabilizer
Carli Deaver Rear Leafs
Carli Backcountry Shocks

You do still feel the smaller bumps in the road, but it takes the bigger bumps like its nothing. I have had the truck up to 70mph on the beach on not so flat ground, and it handled it perfect. I was very impressed.

Was there a specific reason why you went with the Thuren coils and control arms over the Carli?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The thuren control arms are a high clearance control arm, the lower control has a kink in them basically that lets you clear a 12.5" wide tire on a stock wheel which also keeps the wheel inside of the fender instead of shoving the tire into the lip of the fender when flexing

The thuren sprigs are also more inexpensive the the Carli springs from what I remember too

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Thurens front springs are linear rate, and the Carli's are progressive. I liked the softer linear rate of the Thuren, so that was why I went that route. Also, his control arms are offset which is why I am able to run a 13" wide tire on stock wheels without rubbing anything. This same wheel/tire combo would hit the carli arms.

I would have also gone with the Thuren Atlas rear leafs, but he was not happy with the quality of metal Atlas was putting out at the time, so he recommended I just go with the Deavers. Overalll, I am very happy with the setup.