ARH Longtube Headers for the 2014-15 2500 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
ARH%20Dodge%20Ram%202500%206.4_zps6uqcw7vo.jpg

I spoke to ARH again this morning, and it looks like we are ready to go on the 6.4 Ram Longtubes. I am still waiting on pricing but they are extremely excited about the power gains they got from these on their brand new 2015 test truck. They tried to do an after dyno, and said that they could not get accurate numbers because it was spinning up so fast and hitting the speed limiter.

They are claiming that these will not throw any codes, even without tning, but obviously you 2014 guys will benefit from adding a custom tune with these headers.

All I am waiting for now is pricing, so I will update this thread as soon as I know more. This is exciting news for the 6.4 crowd.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Looks like cats are eliminated? Any details on the tube sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
This system will only be offered with 1 3/4" primaries and comes with high flow cats. You can see the cats in the pic above just behind the header collectors. The 1 3/4" primaries are really going to help with the low end tq to get these heavy trucks moving. The owner at ARH was very excited on the phone when he was explaining how much stronger the truck pulled with just the headers. I think these trucks are going to start coming to life as more mods are available and paired up with some decent tuning.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Those are cats! Wow, they're small. I missed them looking the first time(on my phone). Do you think you'll offer a full exhaust system based on these? I would trust it more than some cobbled together system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
They are "very" high flow cats...haha.

The extension pipe on the back of the Y-pipe goes all the way to your stock muffler which means that these will bolt up directly to either the stock exhaust or any aftermarket catback as well.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
What if we already have true duals. I had mine done back last spring. I'd love to add this to mine. What size is the pipes just before the Y pipe. Mine is currently cut off right after the 2 catalytic converters and before the Y pipe.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
If you have true duals, then you would need to go with the headers only, and have your current true dual exhaust modified to line up with the ARH 3" header collectors.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Its just like every other performance part for the truck. Dealership can only void your warranty on a part if they can prove that it caused damage to the truck...and they can only void it on the part that is in question. They cannot deny a warranty claim on your air conditioning because you have headers on the truck. Headers would only void warranty on your exhaust system. Some dealerships are more lenient than others though, so at the end of the day, it is completely up to your dealer.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Its just like every other performance part for the truck. Dealership can only void your warranty on a part if they can prove that it caused damage to the truck...and they can only void it on the part that is in question. They cannot deny a warranty claim on your air conditioning because you have headers on the truck. Headers would only void warranty on your exhaust system. Some dealerships are more lenient than others though, so at the end of the day, it is completely up to your dealer.
Matt, correct me if I'm wrong here..but would the dealer be able to say "well because these added 20-30 hp..blah blah blah...the part that went wasn't designed to be used with the increased hp/torque gained"

Or even if it wasn't installed correctly and didn't seal up to the manifold on the engine and you toasted it. I could be wrong but wouldn't that be an easy "out" for the dealer?

I've been thinking of headers off and on for my 1500, but they make me nervous as I can't just remove them like I can my tuner (even though they can see I've had it on because of the 2nd odo, just gives me piece of mind to take it off)

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Excellent news.

Xrsman, what are you afraid of breaking with headers and a tune? It's not like we're talking twin turbos on stock internals here. I wouldn't be worried about throwing a rod from bolt ons.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
If you have true duals, then you would need to go with the headers only, and have your current true dual exhaust modified to line up with the ARH 3" header collectors.
I'm thinking I might want to go with the high flow cats. Lol. I bet the stock ones are crap.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Excellent news.

Xrsman, what are you afraid of breaking with headers and a tune? It's not like we're talking twin turbos on stock internals here. I wouldn't be worried about throwing a rod from bolt ons.
Mostly nervous of the tranny. I've heard a few horror stories about 4th gen transmissions going out and other issues after headers

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Any word on when we might see these in stock?
I understand you cant sell them without pricing lol just looking for a general time frame.

Last edited:

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mother of god, so much want. Lol I'm gonna be poor forever, here goes another reason I wont be saving for my Hellcat anytime soon.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Lol. Same here. I'm already getting ready to spend $1,000 just on tires and another 1k on rims, and thinking hard at a programmer with my income tax money. Lol.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I will give ARH a call in the morning to see if they settled on the pricing. First set is done, and it normally takes them about 2 weeks to put a stock order together for us. As soon as they give me the green light, we will be ordering 5 sets of these. I will keep everyone posted.