Bed cover 5th wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I'm wanting to purchase the roll n lock bed cover that I've had in a few previous trucks. I really like it and it kept my bed pretty dry. My truck is a short bed Ram 2500 and I'll be installing a companion slider 5th wheel hitch in the next month or 2 before we but our 5th wheel trailer. Can anybody tell me if the 5th wheel hitch will hit the bed cover while turning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't see why it would....if the cover is rolled up, the hitch is a foot or two away from the cover....the pin box would be higher than the cover. I dont see any issues...

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Only reason im wondering about with the roll n lock is because when it's fully retracted the housing still sticks out 8 to 10 inches.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My roll-up sticks up/out about 8" and isn't even close. I have the same truck and bed length and a B/W Companion slider. I'm not familiar with the exact cover you're talking about but it would have to protrude pretty far up and out to even be close to being a problem. I routinely haul firewood and/or kid's bikes in front of the hitch up against my rolled up cover and it's not even close to a problem. But, I do have a mid-profile 5th that is advertised and made for short bed trucks. It sounds like you should be fine but until you hook everything up you can't know for sure.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Only reason im wondering about with the roll n lock is because when it's fully retracted the housing still sticks out 8 to 10 inches.

If I'm visualizing correctly, from the back of my bed wall (adjacent to the rear cab wall) to the first set of fifth wheel hitch puck mounts I have just over 17 inches. I would say clearance isn't a concern.

As far as the pin box hitting the roll up, the degree of turn would have to be well beyond 90 degrees and your truck cab and fiver cap will hit first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Awesome. Just what i needed to hear. Thank you