Bilstein or Fox Steering stablizer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is my 1st Ram ( 16 2500 MC) and I'm still trying to learn about these damn things. I really like it but they are more complicated as far as upfitting and etc.

Now, I'm going to get a steering stablizer and can't decide which one of the 2 above-mentioned. I also intend to replace the shocks and Springs and get rid of my RC leveling kit.

I have ran Bilstein but never Fox.

So I come to you guys for input.

Now go!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The difference between the 5100s and fox 2.0s I have heard is pretty small when it comes to shocks. So I would assume this would apply to steering stabilizers as well. The main difference with fox 2.0s is they are rebuildable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Out of the box, Fox 2.0's are slightly better than Bilstein 5100's. But there isn't a huge difference between the two. I run Fox 2.0's all around on my truck and a BDS dual steering stabilizer with Fox 2.0's and I'm very happy with the setup. I would definitely recommend it.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Check out the Thuren Suspension Technology. Good information on Stabilizers and everything your looking for.

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out the Thuren Suspension Technology. Good information on Stabilizers and everything your looking for.

What he said! Thuren is currently working on a King 2.0 system for our trucks that should be out by the end of the month, that's what I'm waiting on.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the advantage of adding the steering stabilizer??

TheOPWK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I didn't think Fox made a stabilizer for our trucks, as I didn't see it on the website when I looked.
I put an Icon on my truck. It was the most expensive direct replacement one out there, so it must be better. I think that's how it works. ha!

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
There is no benefit to a steering stabilizer... it's a bandaid to a problem that shouldn't exist. All they do is wear out your steering box quicker. The more reisistance you put in the steering isn't worth it in my opinion. Just use the factory one or remove it all together. The latter is the best option.
And before anyone says it helps stop death wobble or wandering, no, it doesn't. If you want to prevent it or stop it, build a drag link with heim joints on the knuckles. That's the only way...

Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
There is no benefit to a steering stabilizer... it's a bandaid to a problem that shouldn't exist. All they do is wear out your steering box quicker. The more reisistance you put in the steering isn't worth it in my opinion. Just use the factory one or remove it all together. The latter is the best option.
And before anyone says it helps stop death wobble or wandering, no, it doesn't. If you want to prevent it or stop it, build a drag link with heim joints on the knuckles. That's the only way...
Drag link with a Heim Joint/orbital didn't solve mine and won't solve others. What you do need to do is do the process of tracking down the issue. Start with the track bar. Then move on to the drag link/tie rod assembly. Then move on to the ball joints. Final is the tire and rim assembly. Force balance and make sure you don't use BF Goodrich. Yes I told my dad and he still bought it.... death wobble. I use Toyo RT and Ridge grapplers on my 3500 and no problems on balance whatsoever

426power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drag link with a Heim Joint/orbital didn't solve mine and won't solve others. What you do need to do is do the process of tracking down the issue. Start with the track bar. Then move on to the drag link/tie rod assembly. Then move on to the ball joints. Final is the tire and rim assembly. Force balance and make sure you don't use BF Goodrich. Yes I told my dad and he still bought it.... death wobble. I use Toyo RT and Ridge grapplers on my 3500 and no problems on balance whatsoever
This post is 6 years old!