Bummed out!! Truck can't tow what I need her to.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Thanks. Might look into that then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
We typically do monthly stays, most campgrounds have attractive monthly rates. Average is around $600 and some charge for electricity where others include it.
What campgrounds do you stay at? Koa parks, etc.etc.? Been looking at Koa campgrounds and I gotta tell you, they range on the low side in Colorado (one of the places I want to stay in and see for a while) from 46 a night all the way up to 80 or 90 dollars a night. That is definitely not the route i want to go. Lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
Would stiffer shocks and heavy duty springs help. Springs are cheap and easy mod, so are rear shocks. I put the heavy springs from ad trucks on my 1500 outdoorsman with Stein 4600 shocks, lifted rear like 3" unloaded. Now I want to replace 4600s from front with 5100s to level it.

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Would stiffer shocks and heavy duty springs help. Springs are cheap and easy mod, so are rear shocks. I put the heavy springs from ad trucks on my 1500 outdoorsman with Stein 4600 shocks, lifted rear like 3" unloaded. Now I want to replace 4600s from front with 5100s to level it.

Ive got the Airlift Loadlifter 5000 ultimate kit to put in the rear and new Bilstein 5100's for the rear.

Reaction score
Ram Year
13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Engine
SLT Outdoorsman
Ive got the Airlift Loadlifter 5000 ultimate kit to put in the rear and new Bilstein 5100's for the rear.

I went with bil 4600 because they are supposed to be heavier duty for rear, no need to lift rear with new springs. Springs are great, loaded and unloaded better ride. It's fu ny, I go away for a few months come back and start spending mad loot again....

OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Lol. I hear ya on that. The stuff i already have for the truck cost a pretty penny. Still have a few more things to get also. Lol

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What campgrounds do you stay at? Koa parks, etc.etc.?

This is tough to answer, definitely not any KOAs, way too expensive. Mostly mom and pop type campgrounds with full hook-ups. If we are going to visit an area for a shorter period then state and county parks. They typically do not have monthly rates and limited full hook-ups if any.

My wife shops for campgrounds as we travel using resources like https://www.escapees.com/ and Googles in specific areas as we travel.

Typically we may move no more than a day or two drive's from one site to the next, we are retired, no rush for us anymore.

Last edited:
OP
OP
440hsp

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
This is tough to answer, definitely not any KOAs, way too expensive. Mostly mom and pop type campgrounds with full hook-ups. If we are going to visit an area for a shorter period then state and county parks. They typically do not have monthly rates and limited full hook-ups if any.

My wife shops for campgrounds as we travel using resources like https://www.escapees.com/ and Googles in specific areas as we travel.

Typically we may move no more than a day or two drive's from one site to the next, we are retired, no rush for us anymore.
Thank you for that site link. I've got a bunch of reading and exploring to do tonight. Going to also sent tgis to my wife so she can read it.

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok my fellow RV'ers. Any suggestions on best weight distributing hitches? Found some grand design travel trailers that are very similar in layout and length to the 5th wheel we were looking at but less weight which is key here.

I like the equalizer Wdh. I just purchased mine from radauto.com. I bought the 14,000lb wdh hitch for under 500 dollars.

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Won't argue that point at all. We really need a bunkhouse model 5th but just a tad lighter with enough space for all of us. Thats the issue. Not a ton of bunkhouse choices compared to a 5th wheel designed for 2 people having a crap ton of room. Lol

I just purchased a 33RBTS Jayco because the fifth wheel that I was looking at was over my pay load limit and I did not want to go over payload.