A/C Whistling....what a dealership experience (hysterical)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since new, my 2016 2500 has had a slight whistle when the A/C is turned on over 50 mph. it started getting worse, so I took it to the dealer 3x to get it fixed....

1st time - they said it was the cabin filter cover that was malformed. SO, they ordered another cover (another trip back when the parts came in) and charged me $21 for a cabin filter, as there was not one in the slot from the factory. I asked why I had to pay for it since I paid over $40K for the truck and didn't get a filter....they said that since it was missing they had to assume that someone removed it....I said I did not even know it had a cabin filter, paid the $21 and left!!

As soon as I turned on the A/C, it whistled worse that before. Called them back and had to set up another appointment.

2nd time - they determined that it was a seal between the firewall and the hvac box under the dash, and the dash had to be pulled to get at it. I was dismayed thinking about all or the rattles and vibrations I was going to encounter....but, the had it fixed the next day and no more whistling and no rattles....so far so good!!

3rd time - The next day the truck seemed "different" some how, and it wasn't until I got on it and it shifted hard that I noticed the steering wheel jump about an inch!!! If I shook it hard, the steering column and shift level would move up and down about an inch.....ugh!!

So, back we go....they tighten the bolts at the bottom of the steering column and all is fine....I hope! I figured that was the problem and I was going to tighten things up myself, but the wife yelled that it was their problem and they needed to fix it and I shouldn't touch it.

Well, anyway, it only took 5 trips (with waiting for parts to be ordered) to fix the whistle....not bad...lol!!

In addition, the work order showed a replacement for a broken brake switch that I assume they broke when pulling the dash....makes me wonder!!!

Attachments

• trk6.jpg
    trk6.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some have the air filter compartment for them already but most don't. None that I am aware of actually come with one in there tho.

I heard that before...silly, huh??? why bother???

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some have the air filter compartment for them already but most don't. None that I am aware of actually come with one in there tho.

My 2017 1500 came with the filter and door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My fan motor sounds like a jet motor on #2.