Calling all 2500 guys!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sticks2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How much does your nose drop with plow up? I put 2.5" spacer on stock coils but nose drops 2-3". Have Boss 8.2 Vee. I am now thinking about changing out coils. Possible variable diesel coils.

OP
OP
SlightlyTweaked

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
How much does your nose drop with plow up? I put 2.5" spacer on stock coils but nose drops 2-3". Have Boss 8.2 Vee. I am now thinking about changing out coils. Possible variable diesel coils.

Honestly, the nosehardly drops 1"with the 8' Super Duty BOSS. Stays where it sits for the most part

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I have a dumb question... I lived in New York City when I was a kid but at age 11 I moved to Florida so I don't know anything about plowing snow. Do you guys just do it on your property, for the good of your community or are you being paid to do the streets? I remember seeing snow plows when I was a kid but these were the city or city contracted plows and they were really big trucks as far as I remember. I'm trying to understand what you guys do in small townships.

Reply from, I'm a Tapatalk junkie

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Some people do it for a job. I work with a guy at the fire Dept that owns a landscaping business and their winter time thing is snow removal. They contact businesses and/or people and get contracts to remove snow from parking lots, sidewalks, driveways. There is some good money in it. Because now days if you don't remove it from your parking lot or where ever, someone will Sue you. And the bad part is they win now days. Just like the people that sued for hot coffee burning them when they drank it, and won millions. I have a 48" snow blade on my atv and a 72" blade on my side by side. I use them to do my driveway where I live on a pretty good hill and the road going up the holler where I live. I live at the end and it's 2 miles up it and there is only 3 houses on the road. The department of highways won't touch it for days usually, so I do it. And I have taken it to the motorcycle shop I work at part time and used it there. I kept my atv there this year and they used it while I was at the fire Dept working or was home clearing my roads. But there is a lot of good money in it if you live in an area that gets a lot of snow.

Sticks2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Birddog for me yes to all 3. I work for landscaper for side work, some residential driveways, the firehouse I belong to(when the towns paid guy misses it) and some old friends for free.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Thanks for the replies. There's nothing like that in Florida obviously. Lol

Reply from, I'm a Tapatalk junkie

7510derrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've got the Traxada 3.5" kit ordered with a 2" rear lift. What is the tallest tire I can run while still being able to tow a fifth wheel camper?

mandlbarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well finally got my new 35" Cooper STTs mounted, but decided to not run my new Rockstars in the winter right off the get go. So in the Spring I'll put them on the truck and not have to worry about damaging them from road salt. So here's my truck with 35s on factory rims, 2.5" level no rubbing what so ever, not even close. Looks so much better with some mud tires and not the crappy Transforce, but I wish i could run 37's (can't with the plow)

I know this is and old thread, but what size tires do you have on your stock wheels? I like the look with the leveling kit.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I think most that are running the leveling kit are running 35/12.50/17's or 18's.

On this; his first pic with then wen tireslooks like factory wheels with his new meats. Curious if they are 8" or 9" wheels. I thought most 35" tires required at least a 9" wheel. The ST Maxx tires I want require a minimum 9" but my stock Laramie factories are only 8". More than several on here told me not a good idea to put the Coopers in 305 on an 8".

OP
OP
SlightlyTweaked

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
On this; his first pic with then wen tireslooks like factory wheels with his new meats. Curious if they are 8" or 9" wheels. I thought most 35" tires required at least a 9" wheel. The ST Maxx tires I want require a minimum 9" but my stock Laramie factories are only 8". More than several on here told me not a good idea to put the Coopers in 305 on an 8".

New wheels are 9", i assume factory wheels are 8"

Fredy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 BH Black Edition
Engine
6.4L hemi
I have a '14 2500 with 2.5" coil spacers. So is it safe to say that I can run 35x12.5x20 (stocker black edition wheels) with out any rubbing then?

Thanks,
Fredy

Fredy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 BH Black Edition
Engine
6.4L hemi
Ok thanks!

Fredy