Carli 3" lift 2012 Ram Diesel 4x4 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carne57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Looking for some feedback from people regarding ride quality with a Carli 3" inch lift.

I just bought a 2012 Ram Diesel 4x4 2500 with Cummins diesel. I'm considering lifting it with a Carli 3" lift, coils up front, shackles in the rear, new shocks etc. A local installer has suggested this and I'm new to this so I don't have a clue how it will ride.

My concern is ride quality change. My hope is to find a progressive spring/shock combo that will reduce some of the inherent bouncy ride with stock springs .

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I will be buying the carli 2.0 performance system and installing this summer. I have heard great things about the kit. I spoke with carli and they told me the ride quality will shock me compared to stock. My truck is a pavement queen and does not go offroad. I just want the better ride quality.

Other than that I can't really give you a review until I buy the kit and install it this summer.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I am running a mix of Carli and Thuren compnents. I have Thurn 3" coils, control arms, and trackbar up front. Out back I am running Carli's Deaver progressive leafs and their Bilstein Backcountry shocks. The ride is night and day better than stock, and it takes bumps like nothing. Just yesterday I was out at the beach. We were on a stretch with no people, so I opened it up. I was cruising 60mph on the sand with ruts, dips, etc and the truck handled it as if I was driving on a paved road.

The shocks and rear leafs are the key to the ride quality though. If you plan to just run coils, shackles, and cheaper non-resi shocks, then I wouldnt expect any drastic gains in ride quality. It definately will not be worse than stock though.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The shock you choose will make a big difference as well as the spring

reddot is running a 3" Carli kit on his truck as well

OP
OP
C

carne57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I appreciate the replies. I look forward to hearing more from people and to learn what they have installed. Once I've done my lift I will post how it turned out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye