Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
My appointment has been put off. The dealer can't get their hands on the upgraded body mounts for the TSB. They do have the track bar brackets from the recall though...hopefully they won't have used them by the time the body mounts come in. I'll keep you guys updated.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
If you just need the track bar brackets its supposed to be 3 hours of work, I think the body mounts were supposed to be pretty minor also, an hour or two? No loaner from my dealer...sit and wait or get someone to pick you up. That's why I'm trying to get all this done in one shot.

SupermanWV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe if under warranty and they need to keep your vehicle overnight, you get a rental. Not sure how it goes is out of warranty.

Glowrdr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My dealer said it was anything longer than (2 or 3 - cant remember) hours, they'll provide a rental. It was pretty lenient if you ask me.

joshlvsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had mine in for an oil leak just got it back today. While it was there they found a water pump leak and replaced the pump under power train warranty. I never even noticed a leak but I bought it used with 40000 miles on it and at about 49500 I got the low coolant message I know I checked it when I got it and it was at the max line. So hopefully I don't have more issues.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good to know thank you. Mine still smells every now and then, but no leaks and no UV trace... Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Finally set an appointment for the 28th. They have all the parts in for the TSB and recall. Wish me luck in getting a good and quick resolution.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Okay, got my truck back this morning so I thought I would post an update.

They could not find a coolant leak. They pressure tested and looked around, nothing. They have dye in the system now and we'll check again sometime later. Interestingly though, one of the service guys said he's seen the same issue on SRT8 Cherokees and after lots of searching they found a tiny leak under the inlet on the top drivers side of the radiator. I will be keeping an eye on that spot.

They also completed the body mount TSB and I am noise free. I got the latest AB revision on the dampers too.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
More info for those interested.

STAR Case
Case Number: 1307000003
Release Date: 10/24/2013
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Foul Odor Or Smell Emitted From Engine Compartment And HVAC Vents
Discussion:
Customers may notice a foul odor entering the vehicle that may also be noticed when approaching the front of the vehicle. The foul odor is more noticeable as the engine reaches operating temperature. Engineering has determined the cause of the odor is a reaction between Organic Additive Technology (OAT) coolant and certain compounds used in sulfur cured hoses. Engineering is working to resolve the issue by changing the hose compound. No repairs should be performed to the vehicle at this time. Although the issue is bothersome it has no effect on the durability or longevity of the cooling system components.
Note: This STAR Online will be monitored and updated as repair information becomes available.

Release Of New Engine Coolant Organic Additive Technology (OAT)

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Add me to the list of mysterious coolant loss. I have now twice topped off the overflow bottle once it hit the "MIN" mark with 13K miles on the truck.

Visual inspection shows nothing and I do not smell any coolant smells.

Chuck14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Any updates on this? Has the dealer been able to pinpoint a smoking gun? My 2014 started smelling of and drinking coolant. I have an appointment for Monday to have it checked out.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Any updates on this? Has the dealer been able to pinpoint a smoking gun? My 2014 started smelling of and drinking coolant. I have an appointment for Monday to have it checked out.

I'm the OP. I don't think I've lost anymore coolant, I'll find out at the next oil change in a couple of weeks. As for the smell, I'm pretty sure it's still there but I don't really notice anymore, I must have gotten used to it. The sad part is I've never gotten around to having the dye checked either, the dealer is too far out of the way for me.

jtl0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

im new in here and new to mopar and looking for some help.

i just bought a 1993 d150 318 carb'd. truck runs great, smoothride, no issues, no overheating at all, no white smoke -oil is clean etc., and to the best of my noses ability has no smell of antifreeze while running(i have even got out and walked around it while its been running for a while). All that being said it uses coolant and i cant for the life of me figure it out, no visible leaks, etc. Has anyone come into contact with this issue? what would be my next big move diagnostically? hopefully this isn't the beginning signs of a major issue...

any help i would greatly appreciate I Love this truck!!

Skswiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
2014 PW coolant

I have a 2014 Power Wagon with 45,000 miles. I want top off the coolant, can I use the Prestone dexcool? It says of course too mopar OAT.

Attachments

• 20170505_084739.jpg
    20170505_084739.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo