decisions decisions...which would you choose (Uconnect 3.0 or 5.0)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Same thing i am doing ......

Me too. All that electronic garbage is more a pain in the ass then actually useful. I HATE the key fob thing where you push the button to start. I don't mind the electronic key that I have to twist to start. (Until the battery dies when I'm 500 miles into the desert...)

Ed loves guns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Me too. All that electronic garbage is more a pain in the ass then actually useful. I HATE the key fob thing where you push the button to start. I don't mind the electronic key that I have to twist to start. (Until the battery dies when I'm 500 miles into the desert...)

The way I understand it, which could be wrong, for that situation would be to pop out the "hidden" key from the fob to get in the truck and even if the battery is dead on the fob the truck can still recognize the code from the fob and start the truck. But I always keep a spare battery for the fob in the glove box anyways.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The way I understand it, which could be wrong, for that situation would be to pop out the "hidden" key from the fob to get in the truck and even if the battery is dead on the fob the truck can still recognize the code from the fob and start the truck. But I always keep a spare battery for the fob in the glove box anyways.
That is correct. You just have to out the fob at the push button and push it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi

That would make sense if the code is just a RFD chip. The battery only transmits to open the doors in that case.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a Tradesman with the small radio....didn't care as I knew I was going to swap it out.
I bought a Pioneer 5800 for under $300 on Amazon. It has bluetooth, a backup camera, an additional camera (I'll mount it on the front), terrific sound and a fairly easy install. Bluetooth works almost like a factory unit, and I am super happy with it....

it has the capability for steering wheel controls (which I don't have) and sirius xm radio (which I didn't want)....

So, I'd surely opt for the off road truck! Good luck

BIGWHITE16

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4L HEMI

exactly, you'll wish you didn't have 30 fuses to change, and a ton of non-warranty work to be performed when sh*t starts to break.