**** Cepek Fun Country vs BFG KO 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
DC - 305/70/18
BFG - 35x12.5x18
added - Toyo Open Country AT II 35x12.5

Opinions - go... Looking for a decent tire that will balance well and not jump around on me. Have Amp Terrain's now and they are jittery between 60-70 and shops say they are balancing fine.. Road force on them is very high, so I am done with these. Buddy has an account with TireRack so he gets good prices. What say you.....

Last edited:

Wise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the K0 2 they have been a nightmare to balance cant wait to get rid of them

lchron36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 ST 5.7
I also have the KO2s which are 35x12.5r17. I have had them for two years so far. The tires started with 15/32 tread and are down to 9/32 tread. I have put a bit over 37500 miles on the tires. Now my truck is probably lighter than most. I have a regular cab 2500 with the 5.7. The only problem I have had was when I was hit in my passenger side rear by a non-driving son of a gun, and that messed up the belts in that tire. Other than that I have had no problems with the tires. I had them mounted at a shop which specializes in trucks and performance mods. They road force balanced my tires when they were mounted, which I highly recommend doing. They have worked great for me in all weather conditions and I never heard any road noise from them. The only time I almost had a problem was deeper clay like mud, but they still got me through. Obviously a mud tire would have been preferred for those times. I have read mixed reviews on the KO2s, some people love them, some hate them. I think it all comes down to personal preference. Now I am not preaching they are the next coming in tires, but they have served my purposes well. I am not sure if I will go with KO2s for my next set as I might look for a more aggressive tire, just for the heck of it.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
x2 on Toyo!

I do not like those other 2 tires on a solid front axle truck because of wear and previous issues with death wobble on my 3rd gens.

Obxram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Google
Engine
5.7 hemi
Toyo at2 best tire I have ran in that size range. They are round light weight to balance and last a long time

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have the KO2, with great wear, great performance, no no balancing issues. HOWEVER, I am running the stock size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I'm actually curious on this as well. Im getting close to getting a set or either Toyo AT2 or BFG KO2. I have heard the Toyo has better life span but others have said the BFG is good too so idk. I like the look of the BFG better.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
May want to take a peak at Tera Grapplers

A lot are speaking highly of them

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Never had the others probably never will. The BFG KO was amazing so I got the KO2 and it seems to be even better. I love them.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
i am running the stock sized bfgko2. they are nearly bald at 15k plus.

a buddy who also lives in the mountains, and has 40 trucks for snowplowing etc. told me go toyo next time.

i will. no doubt. by the way, amazon has toyos for cheaper than anywhere in the denver metro area, including delivery. why waste your fuel driving around trying to round up tires when ups can bring them to your door....

cheers!