Dually Bed liner Reccomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
When I bought my truck, I had the dealer install the factory Ram bed liner. It never fit right, it does not lay flat and they did an abominable job cutting around the ties downs and 7 pin plug. In addition I have the fifth wheel prep package which they did not cut out for, probably better that they did not.

I have since found that the OEM plastic bed liner that Ram sells fits all models EXCEPT DUALLY BEDS, apparently they are different.

So I am looking to replace it, I would like to find one that has provisions for all the stuff in the bed; 1. The four tie downs in the corners. 2. The seven pin plug mounted in the bed. 3. The five spots for the fiver prep package.

I know I could just get it sprayed but not what I want personally. Anyone out there know of a product that will fit correctly. Anyone else have this issue and find an answer?

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just curious... Why would you not want it sprayed? Plastic liners are slippery for walking on in snow and rain, they trap water and debris between them and the bed causing it to scuff and rust without your knowledge... spray in liners are tough and durable without any of those issues. They can get dirty, but mine have always cleaned up with a good scrubbing. I've had both and I'll never have a plastic liner again.

Unless you're looking for a rubber mat or carpeting... I have not had those. I would think for the latter you'd want the bed covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cptwing

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
When loading pallets from a fork truck, the fork truck has to push / slide the pallets into the truck. The sprayed liners make it much harder to push them and the pallets scrape the spayed in material off. I also like the cushion it provides so the inside of the bed does not get dented.

I am not set on a plastic liner though, also thinking bed-rug, just cannot find a manufacture that makes anything that fits a 2013 plus dually?

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have pallets of tile and concrete slid into my bed all the time. (I'm a GC) Never had any issue with my lineX stuff, and I actually haven't had an issue with the factory one in this truck either. You might have a point about it being easier to slide them in, but the forklifts have never been underpowered for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
From what I understand the Rhino Liner is a more rubberized lining and I could see that being a problem sliding things into the bed but, LineX is different. I never had a problem sliding aything on my Linex bed.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
From what I understand the Rhino Liner is a more rubberized lining and I could see that being a problem sliding things into the bed but, LineX is different. I never had a problem sliding aything on my Linex bed.

Depends what line of Rhino Liner you get. They have like 5 or so types basic types of liner depending on your primary needs.

When I had my Rhino Liner installed, the local Rhino Liner dealer went over with sample patches what each one did and what my primary goals where with the liner. Some less rubbery and slip resistant than others and some that were compromises in between.

OP
OP
cptwing

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
There must be other options for a dually, someone somewhere must make a form fitting drop in, be it plastic, bedrug, dualliner with the proper cut outs for the fiver prep package and the tie downs. But every thing I find on the net does not fit? Its beginning to look as though my only option is spray in?

Guess I might have a better shot asking on the Cummings forum, more dually guys on there, very frustrating.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The factory spray-in liner I have is actually still too slick for me, putting a rubber bed mat in so that stuff doesn't slide around so easily. Might want to check the dealer and ask them how much to get it sprayed. I believe mine was like $699 extra (had the dealer do it before picking it up).

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have the factory liner, and did have the liner cut when pallet was slid in, however, I discovered a nail in the bottom of the pallet. Went to linex and they gave it a quick patch, and have the rubber bed mat installed over. Had a pallet with a ton of wood pellets slid into the bed with rubber mat and it went in just fine. So I suggest linex with a rubber mat

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have armourcoat on my bed and my topper i love it it looks good its super tough and after you wash or hit it with something like armour all it looks New i even had a slip tank in my bed and it did not dammage the coating at all