Edge Racing 11" Converter, 2600 Stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Finally got around to installing the Edge torque converter I purchased from Matt (Moe's) back in April. Went with a 2600rpm stall since I tow occasionally and didn't want something I couldn't drive smoothly when needed. Matt did indicate that if I wasn't towing he would recommend a slightly higher stall.

Even with the 2600rpm stall it's a HUGE improvement over stock. So much more fun than the stock junk when accelerating from a stop. Trans also feels a bit smoother in general, although I did swap pans and change the filters at the same time. As a bonus, the shudder under load in first has disappeared as well. No ill manners at highway speeds that I can detect so far. Will be curious to see how if feels when towing.

Full throttle from a dead stop with TC off usually results in some combination of wheel spin and mild wheel hop. Put a load on the converter in 2wd and it will leave long sets of tire marks:) Best result was using 4wd with a slight load on the converter. No tire spin since its in 4wd and the truck just launches hard! Best 0-60 result was actually still about the same as my prior best, but this was in 70 degree humid weather and the prior best was done in sub-zero temps. I have no doubt this was worth an honest 3-4 tenths over the stock converter. For $550 it was money well spent, even with the 5 hour install factored in.

Ram2600StallConverter_zps4qun1g1b.jpg

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One of the best mod's I installed in my 13, second only to the tuner.
Jay

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hell yeah! Sadly this will be one of my last posts. Sold my 6.4 today and went to the dark side.... Darker then just a diesel.... 6.7 ford. So now selling my I tune Diablo if anyone is interested in it.

ksonnen1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you like that 2600 edge converter with towing and how much weight?

OP
OP
theviking

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How do you like that 2600 edge converter with towing and how much weight?

Still one of my favorite mods. No issues towing and I've pulled some heavy loads over the years. I really can't think of any downside/quirks at all.
Kubota_zps8ra6jutn.jpg

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How would a 2400-2600 stall compare to stock?
So about 1k to have it installed?

OP
OP
theviking

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How would a 2400-2600 stall compare to stock?
So about 1k to have it installed?

I would not go under 2600. If anything, might have tried 2800 if I was doing it all over again. According to Matt (Moe's) 2600-2800 is the sweet spot for a truck when you're frequently towing.

Night and day compared to stock. With the factory converter it always felt like some sort of torque management was active. The only way I could get a decent launch would be to brake stand the truck a bit. With the converter it just launches. If you perform a brake stand now it just fries the tires once you release the brake.

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would not go under 2600. If anything, might have tried 2800 if I was doing it all over again. According to Matt (Moe's) 2600-2800 is the sweet spot for a truck when you're frequently towing.

Night and day compared to stock. With the factory converter it always felt like some sort of torque management was active. The only way I could get a decent launch would be to brake stand the truck a bit. With the converter it just launches. If you perform a brake stand now it just fries the tires once you release the brake.
SWEET! So converter with 4.56s should be fun lol

Terry3blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

What other mods do you have for the trans. Thinking about doing a stall but didn't know if I needed to upgrade anything else? I do have a hemi fever tune.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963