Educate me on Tuners for 2016 6.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahiaring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Curious about a Plug and Play tune for my new 6.7 cummins. I did a plug and play on my ford 6.2 and it really changed throttle response and shift points and really was a big improvement. Interested to do something similar on this ram.

I don't have any interest in Deleting anything or modifying and engine/exhaust parts - just curious if they have plug and play tunes? Which are the most recommended for these 6.7? How much power can be added within "safe" parameters?

My goal is to maybe add a little power - but mainly just work on throttle response and shift points.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
The tuner that would be recommended would really need to be suited for what you are after doing with the truck.

You said you aren't after deleting... Are you after towing power? Fuel economy?

EFI live is pretty much your best bet dependent on who you utilize for the tune.

If you are looking to stay stock and just optimize what you have, EFI live from one of your local diesel shops would be my suggestion. They should be able to add 40-50 hp, up economy and tune the trans all in a single tune. Then you wouldn't need to hassle buying a tuner and having it mounted somewhere. Just have them flash it and forget it...

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
The best plug and play is what is in my sig.

EDGE JWA - A module that has 5 different power levels from +25hp and 70 lb-ft to +80 hp and 200 lb-ft. You can change them on the fly.

BD Throttle Booster - This will change your throttle sensitivity depending on the level you set it at. This alone will make a big difference in how the truck feels.

Recommendation - BD Trans line booster. This is will increase your line pressure to help your transmission handle the added power.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Oh, and BTW. Since my DPF just so happen to ..... uhm.... fall off ......... a few weeks ago, I am selling my set up for way less than what you would get it now plus the pillar mount for the EDGE CTS1.

Last edited:

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
Oh, and BTW. Since my DPF just so happen to ..... uhm.... fall off ......... a few weeks ago, I am selling my set up for way less than what you would get it now plus the pillar mount for the EDGE CTS1.

oh damn, uh...sorry to hear that, shouldn't be too much of a problem...probably don't need to replace those parts anyway, they aren't important.

..now...about that tuner...

hemiguy93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Just my opinion if you want it, but the edge jwa was installed on my 15 ram 2500 diesel in Feb I believe this yr. Less than 10000 miles on it. Then at end of June, planetary gears in transmission went out . At 17000 miles. I had a stupid moment and left the damn thing in because I was told from both seller ( it won't do any kind of damage to engine or transmission) and from dealer ( it shouldn't void the warranty.) Before it was towed to dealer. Said transmission needed to be replaced. Guess who paid that $7100? Not Chrysler. I sent it back and edge returned my $900.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just my opinion if you want it, but the edge jwa was installed on my 15 ram 2500 diesel in Feb I believe this yr. Less than 10000 miles on it. Then at end of June, planetary gears in transmission went out . At 17000 miles. I had a stupid moment and left the damn thing in because I was told from both seller ( it won't do any kind of damage to engine or transmission) and from dealer ( it shouldn't void the warranty.) Before it was towed to dealer. Said transmission needed to be replaced. Guess who paid that $7100? Not Chrysler. I sent it back and edge returned my $900.

That seems to be a major problem with tuners and many other after market performance parts. More HP and Torque but the rest of the drivetrain cant hold up to it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
One thing you have to be sure you don't do when running a tuner is to get hard on the throttle, back off and then get right back on it. The torque shock kills transmission internals.

But that's a good list, ST. Thanks for posting it up.

I'll have to find out what my neighbor put on his 2015 6.7L Cummins. It has 3 or 4 settings that can be changed on the fly and it turned his truck into a real beast. He also did the DPF delete.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Unlock computer with bully dog

Custom tune from PPEI with 4 levels of tune changeable on the fly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452